05 950 adv

ChubbyThumper

Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me what recalls were done on the 05 950Adv and what I should look for/expect buying 2nd hand

Cheers Chubby

Recalls 950Adv

Cheers for that Zoton,

no recalls for the 950Adv thats either good news or info not recorded:thumb

Er, check with a dealer :augie

I had an 06 950Adv and had at least 2 recalls on that (engine oilway and rear brake).

If ya got the info - Quote:
Please enter the 17-digit VIN (vehicle identification number) of your motorcycle along with the running number of your delivery certificate. You will get an overview of all registered services for your motorcycle, and if it is affected by a current recall or safety warning. If so, please contact an authorized KTM dealership promptly.

Or linky::D

http://www.ktm.co.uk/Service-Safety-Check.213.19.html

Thanks for the replies Bakerlonglegs and Zoton. I'm checking out 950s at the moment. had a run on one today, it had a well worn rear scorpion and I found I had to counter steer in corners, even slow ones. Is this normal? I'm more used to knobblies the nearest I've had to a road tyre in 20 years is a TKC. I'm happy enough that the bike has never been dropped badly. Any advice welcomed.

It's your birthday Terry... Treat yerself.. Buy it (and give me a go):aidan

Recalls

Got my new bike checked out at the local dealer. Apparently Recalls are "service bulletins" which you get sorted when you have your "dealer service" carried out. Got the service and breather and rear brake mods carried out ok but may do future servicing myself. An expensive exercise.

Being used to enduro bikes I hate the standard Renthal bars and have fitted Magura SXs and 18mm risers which suit me much better. Now go away frost and snow.......

Got my new bike checked out at the local dealer. Apparently Recalls are "service bulletins" which you get sorted when you have your "dealer service" carried out. Got the service and breather and rear brake mods carried out ok but may do future servicing myself. An expensive exercise.

Being used to enduro bikes I hate the standard Renthal bars and have fitted Magura SXs and 18mm risers which suit me much better. Now go away frost and snow.......

Which breather TSB? The cross-tank link?

And to answer your earlier question, yeah, worn scorps (front) make you counter-steer heavily.

Which breather TSB? The cross-tank link?

Crankcase breather one way valve replaced and new diaphram and piston on rear brake mod. A bit frustrating because they wouldn't allow anyone into the workshop to watch work being done. I wanted to discuss carb vent pipe routing etc for deep water but gave up. Next time I'll go to a smaller more user friendly set up.

Crankcase breather one way valve replaced and new diaphram and piston on rear brake mod. A bit frustrating because they wouldn't allow anyone into the workshop to watch work being done. I wanted to discuss carb vent pipe routing etc for deep water but gave up. Next time I'll go to a smaller more user friendly set up.

There is a cross-tank vent tube TSB too - you really dont want that.

The 950's are pretty sensitive to carb venting... end up with surging on the road esp in cross winds if fiddled with.
The stock vent hose positions ( about 11 inches long, and routed down into the valley between the cylinders) is the recommended venting.

That said, there is a T-mod I have read of - whereby each vent has a T-fitting just below the box & a 2nd hose routed up high.

Back
Top Bottom