Dolomites

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm planning a trip in the Dolomites next year. As the majority of our group are in the North East I'm thinking Hull to Zeebrugge, and taking the train from Belgium to Bologne and then up the east side of Lake Garda to Riva, which will be the start point of our trip.

Has anyone any knowledge of the Trains, and also does anyone know of any recommended places to stay in the Dolomites. I've looked on www.alpineroads.com and bought the book "Motorcycle journeys through the Alps" but first hand knowledge is always best.

So please share your experiences here. :thumb2

I stayed in the Hotel Mondschein near Bolzano in April this year and can also vouch for it - it's excellent!

We're probably going back to the Dolomites next summer and that'll be one of our stops. :thumb2

Thanks guys. Nice write-up Padge:thumb2

bit of a hijack....sorry keith, head stock loom not arrived here yet and as our local main sorting office caught fire recently:eek: wondered of this loom had "melted away":augie

No worries Russ, on days off now, get it in the post over next couple of days.

hi ,i went to dolomites in 2007 for 2 weeks i went newcastle ijmuiden on ferry then through holland ,germany into austria,i stopped in a place called trafoi very near the stelvio pass its a biker hotel but brits never stop there its fantastic very cheap good atmosphere the owner has a ducati and every day he does the stelvio trying to beat his time to the summitt, i thouroughly enjoyed my time there and will go back one day,at the moment i,m in tunisia and can,t think of the name of the hotel but when i get back to uk on 21 jan 2009 i will post it you must stop here

Back
Top Bottom