Newbie member

HarrisBikeNut

Hello all GS'ers. Just signed up! Not yet got a GS but picking up a GS1200 this weekend. Recently returned from an organised tour of Andalucia riding a GS1200. WHAT A BIKE! What great roads! Loved the bike so much that I found one on good old Ebay 15 miles from where I live and viewed it 12 hours after landing back in the UK! and with my other halfs blessing! She loved the bike too! Comfy, torquey, perfect for all sorts of riding. An ugly brute next too the 916 but hey you can't have everything!
So what can be done to improve this new bike? It is bog standard save for extra crash bars and fog lights. It has the expanding luggage etc. My only complaint was the seat got a bit "numb bum" after a while - Gel seat worth a go or what about these sheepskin covers I have read about?
Any other members in or around sunny Lincolnshire?
Looking forward to this bike a lot!!!
Regards
Bob:bounce1

My only complaint was the seat got a bit "numb bum" after a while

If you go through the search button you'll find lots on numb bums and how to get some feeling back. For me the best (but expensive ) option was the Sargent seat (google them) at about £460 a pair. They are good though and whilst Mrs Old Man doesn't see much improvement on the back, I certainly do.
Welcome to the site....it's a great bike and this is the place to find out all you need to know.
John

Welcome Bob.... a bit like you, I was in Scotland on a 4 day bike trip. I was on my Triumph Trophy. Tried the GS 1200 while on the trip and a week after getting home I have a new one.:aidan:aidan

Hi Bob & welcome along, enjoy the GS.....:thumb
I go through Bourne on many a Friday - weather permitting - on my favourite Lincolnshire ride perhaps see you out & about sometime...:thumb

Back
Top Bottom