Advice needed forn a 'newbie'

BarryG

Hi to al.

Been lurking around this forum for a couple of days after taking a test ride on a F650GS.
I came back to biking this spring after far too many years away. Having bought a Guzzi Cali I quickly found out (remembered) that I never did like heavy unreliable bikes, espesially when you have a big gravel drive. so I am now the proud owner of a 08 Triumph Bonneville Black.
The Bonnie is great and it has made my wife has fall in love with biking, downside is I don't like getting it wet as its a real pig to clean. S0: idea arose to get a winter bike.
Having looked around a lot and tried a few things, we went to see an f800s at Balderstone's in Peterborough and I must say they were very nice.
Anyway up, the ST was very impressive but not suited to what I want, so the dealer managed to persuade me (kicking and screaming) onto a GS 650 and lo and behold.... great!
I have spent some time on the web and apart from the rad hoses they seem pretty sound. Can anyone wade in with any comments on what I need to know or try, being a totally newbie to BMW's at all and 'mucky' bikes in particular.
Oh, nearly forgot. I want to use it for commuting 45 miles each way to work across the fens and a bit of light touring maybe. will probably use the Bonnie most for Sunday blasts in the summer.

Thanks to all

Barry

Welcome Barry.

You'll see many threads relating to some teething problems, but the most serious (stalling) appears sorted and most of us are now enjoying thousands of smile-filled riding :D

Only advice I'd give is to put a larger screen on the 650 if you don't want that smile filling with flies :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom