Bike set up

Mort

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm too lazy to search:eek:

I have bought a Garmin Quest from a seller on this site and I'm very happy with it.
What I want now is a power lead/powered mount for the bike and a cable to get the directions through my autocom. What do you recommend as the best set up......Help.

The powered mount that you refer to is the QPAC - search on here and you'll, find plenty of info. Its well worth having and works very well. The cable you need to link the GPS to the Autocom is (I think) Part 1294 .........but no harm to contact Autocom to check. Its terminated each end in a male Jack plug, but is unidirectional, insofar as the wiring is slightly different at each end, so it only works one way and not the other.................if you see what I mean. The brochures and contact details etc are here www.autocom.co.uk

Failing that you'll find GSrich on this forum is an extremely helpful bloke !

V

Thanks for the info, I'm looking into it but I needed a place to start which you have given me, Thanks again:)

I used to have a QPAC but decided the bulk and relative complication of the unit could be done without and now just charge Quest every couple of days with the wallcharger. I do however use the ACQ (?) to pick the audio off the back of the RAM mount and send it to my Autocom

Excellent but simple setup

BTW if you travel with a laptop you can recharge the Quest from a USB port (5Volt) by putting a male A type USB plug into the wallcharger wire. Another plug with an A type female to female converter reconnects it to the AC wallcharger. The male plugs are about £2 each in Maplins and the converter was obtained from CPC for another couple of pounds - no soldering required

Back
Top Bottom