What do tyres sizes mean really?

LiquidLAN

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've done a bit of reading and I think I've worked out the answer to my questions, but I just want to check if there's any real difference...

I've got a WR450F that currently has
120/100 18 68M on the rear and I'm looking to replace it... I've been told that trelleborgtyres do a great army special, lasts longer than other road tyres, but its a 120/90 18.

from what I understand from reading this site its basically the same tyre but the tyre wall isnt as tall (aspect).

Does it make any difference? I guess I have a slightly smaller rear tyre then so I gain accelleration but loose top end???

Hi guys, I've done a bit of reading and I think I've worked out the answer to my questions, but I just want to check if there's any real difference...

I've got a WR450F that currently has
120/100 18 68M on the rear and I'm looking to replace it... I've been told that trelleborgtyres do a great army special, lasts longer than other road tyres, but its a 120/90 18.

from what I understand from reading this site its basically the same tyre but the tyre wall isnt as tall (aspect).

Does it make any difference? I guess I have a slightly smaller rear tyre then so I gain accelleration but loose top end???

dont think ye will notice the difference, its not like altering ye rear sprocket to
get more acceleration by adding more teeth.:nenau

ugg

Tire ( oops) "tyre" nonclementure is a guide to external diameter/width etc.etc., however, they are different from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some of which post "actual" dimensions on their websites....

Back
Top Bottom