G450x Suspension settings

Sammo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on suspension settings? I'm about 95kg and think the suspension needs to be a bit softer than it came as standard. Not sure what the original settings were. thanks

static sag 40mm dynamic 105-110mm
full tank rider 85 kilo full riding gear
original: rear:
rebound 20 clicks(that thing on de bottom of the suspension)
compression:(12 klick) on the top thing

front:rebound: 12
compression:10 klicks

But From several people and from one of the dealers in holland the following settings are recomended.

c) The initial sag = the difference between „on stand“ and „on ground“ should be about 40 mm
(38-42mm). Adjust the sag through varying the spring preload using the 2 threaded rings
shown on page 11 (2 full turns of the black threaded ring effects about 5mm of the sag). Secure
the threaded rings by tightening them agains each other! Otherwise they might get loose while
riding.

d) Possible switch of the spring of the rear suspension to adjust it to the weight of the rider
Weight of rider ~ 80kg -> standard spring (58 N/mm)
Weight of rider over 90kg -> change spring to a 60 N/mm
Weight of rider over 100kg -> change spring to a 62 N/mm or 64 N/mm
Now check the specific sag = difference between bike on the ground without and with rider (feet on the
footpegs). It should be 100-110mm.

e) Damping rear suspension
Suggested damping setting (completely close the damping by turning it clockwise as much as possible. Then
open it counterclockwise and count the clicks)
Compression : open 8 clicks Rebound: open 16 clicks

16) Front suspension
a) Damping
Suggested damping setting (completely close the damping by turning it clockwise as much as possible.
Then open it counterclockwise and count the clicks)
Rebound: open 15 clicks Compression: open 24 clicks (Enduro riding),
open 8 clicks (Moto Cross style riding)
\

I had the stock setting and for a crosstrack with lots of jumps is was good.
for enduro the front was to hard.
Last enduro i used the alternative settings......\
what a difference, much softer i needed to get used to the different cornering behavieour but after that it was much better.
when you ride in lotst of soft sand then also the mx settings are better.\

i haven tried the enduro setting on the crosstrack so i dont know how mthat is.

Thanks for the info i will try the settings out over the weekend. now do i buy a new rear spring or go on a diet???? :beer:

I'm in the same leaugue 100kg plus with all my gear on.Having the 62nm spring fitted next weekend.Going to soften the front a little then head for salisbury palin to see what the results are - will let you know if changing the spring is worth the money.

Dis all the changes and used the settings suggestead above.Rode the bike yesterday for 93 miles - wow what a difference.The front end is now much more compliant and is no longer trying to get out ruts.Back end felt more predictable but perhaps lost a bit of traction,i think i needd to do a bit more work on the rear settings.

Jay B

oke stupid question.
the rear suspension setting for the (rebound) the one on the bottom of the suspension.
wich direction is clockwise and wich is counterclockwise.
to be very simple.. if my thump is on it(left or right doesn,t matter) and move my thump upwards, wich direction is that? clock or counterclockwise.

different aproce: if i fully turn in to one side it wil stop(clik clik clik end of movement.

If i turn it the other direction it has a floppy end feel,( clikclikclikc no cliks no clicks but stil turning)

Wich direction is the clockwise/counterclockwise.
closing /opening

I have a discussion with a friend of mine.

oke stupid question.
the rear suspension setting for the (rebound) the one on the bottom of the suspension.
wich direction is clockwise and wich is counterclockwise.
to be very simple.. if my thump is on it(left or right doesn,t matter) and move my thump upwards, wich direction is that? clock or counterclockwise.

different aproce: if i fully turn in to one side it wil stop(clik clik clik end of movement.

If i turn it the other direction it has a floppy end feel,( clikclikclikc no cliks no clicks but stil turning)

Wich direction is the clockwise/counterclockwise.
closing /opening

I have a discussion with a friend of mine.

holding the knob in your right hand push the thumb in a forward motion would be clockwise.

If your knob goes floppy...............

Thanx that what i thought.

i find it strang that turning clockwise, at the end there is no clicking but still turning, had everybody has it?

Back
Top Bottom