Link exhaust pipe (S pipe) for R850GS

humphrm

Hi, has anyone fitted one of these Link or S pipes to an R850GS ?
I want to change the exhaust on my R850GS. Cosmetic reasons only - don't want louder or faster, just want a deeper less asthmatic sound, and a pipe that doesn't look so heavy. Was considering one of these link pipes with a standard R1150GS silencer. Has anyone done this to a R850GS or R1100GS ? Would welcome any previous experiences / comments - good or bad. Thanks !

Attachments

• exhaust.JPG
    exhaust.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 249
Pipe for 850 GS

Possibly not quite the answer you're looking for, but I have a Remus pipe from my 850 GS.
Not sure what price yet, but I do live in East Sussex

I might be mistaken - but consider all the riders who have fitted the 'stubby' to their 1150's and have said that the bike isn't much louder... ie most of the sound reduction goes on in the 'box' - the very box you want to remove...

:augie

True ...

I might be mistaken - but consider all the riders who have fitted the 'stubby' to their 1150's and have said that the bike isn't much louder... ie most of the sound reduction goes on in the 'box' - the very box you want to remove...

:augie

... but the stubby is used on the 1150 which has a cat in the box, unlike the 1100 (& 850) which (mostly) don't :augie

Ahhh... of course. I was unsure whether the later 850s were the same as the 1150.

I always thought that link pipe - which Im sure Ive seen on ebay was for the 1150 bikes. to replace the cat.

so surely trying to fit that to an 850 with the one piece exhaust would mean new header pipes... as they're quite different.

Hi
I have one on my R1100gs. It fitted no problems with a Laser can on the end and sounds great. I did cut it down by 6" but I was told I might have to by the bloke making it. I had to put a baffel in the silencer as it was very LOUD

Good buy in my opinion

Pete

PS he dose them with or without sensors

Thank you all for the answers , Think I'll order one and have a go.........

Back
Top Bottom