bargain new garmin 2820

what did it come with...bike mounts etc?

no just the unit, cables, bean mount,v9 disc +unlock code and books etc.
:thumb2
there are some on ebay for £250 but when i checked the box was plain white which is presume is reconditioned.
:thumb2

I have a 2820 and I can tell you that is a good unit.
If you plan to connect into an Autocom, consider cable 1298 for mono music, GPS and mobile phone. There is a stereo music socket but you might find that it picks up interference/noise from the screen.
It's rather a fuss to plug up 3 wires - power, optional external aerial and microphone - compared to the powered Zumo mount (which is why I think I'd prefer a Zumo), but I'm happy enought with it not to consider upgrading just yet.

Thanks for the heads up on this, seems to good to be true. Amazon usually a safe site so I've done the deed :thumb

Thanks for the heads up on this, seems to good to be true. Amazon usually a safe site so I've done the deed :thumb

mine is perfik.:thumb
only one left at 00.30 30/11/07.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
FREE MAP UPDATE FROM GARMIN IF YOU REGISTER YOUR UNIT BEFORE JAN 09.
As the 2820 was new you are due a free map update value £79.99.
:bow:bow:bow
that makes it an even better bargain.:thumb

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
FREE MAP UPDATE FROM GARMIN IF YOU REGISTER YOUR UNIT BEFORE JAN 09.
As the 2820 was new you are due a free map update value £79.99.
:bow:bow:bow
that makes it an even better bargain.:thumb

update deadline 10/01/09.[had an email from garmin].

2820--bluetooth

Can anyone tell me if the 2820 has bluetooth connectivity ? To enable incoming/outgoing calls.

:beerjug:Bob.

Can anyone tell me if the 2820 has bluetooth connectivity ? To enable incoming/outgoing calls.

:beerjug:Bob.

If you just click on the Amazon link,it tells you !! :blast

Bluetooth wireless technology makes it possible for automotive and motorcycle users to take advantage of hands-free calling with full user-interface The StreetPilot 2820 will allow users to place hands-free mobile phone calls when paired with a compatible phone that has Bluetooth wireless technology. For the motorcyclist, both a Bluetooth-enabled headset and a Bluetooth-enabled phone can be connected to the StreetPilot 2820 simultaneously to allow hands-free calls on a motorcycle. The Bluetooth connectivity also gives motorcyclists the ability to receive navigation audio prompts wirelessly to Bluetooth enabled headsets or helmets. Customers may also retrieve and dial numbers from their personalized phone book or from the phone's call history log. Incoming calls are answered by simply tapping the StreetPilot 2820's screen and speaking through the included external microphone. A user can also make a call from the StreetPilot 2820's huge points of interest database - which includes hotels, restaurants, stores, and much more

I want good quality stereo MP3 play back rather than mono. What's wrong with the stereo jack and interference/noise from the screen?

Back
Top Bottom