Overland Adventure Travel Day at the Ace

Glynn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sunday 8th February Ace Cafe London

Overland Adventure Travel Day

This should be a good day out for all, with some trade stands, invited guests and hopefully loads of interesting bikes

Glynn

Hey Glynn,
Carl from the Ace Cafe popped over for a natter at the NEC - sounds like this is going to be a fun day. Think it's great that the Ace has woken up to us lot.

If anyone hasn't been to the Ace Cafe before this should be a great excuse to get down there/across there/up there :)

I forgot to ask Carl what time everything was kicking off and when it was running to. Do you have any idea?

Ceers,
Sam

Hey Glynn,
Carl from the Ace Cafe popped over for a natter at the NEC - sounds like this is going to be a fun day. Think it's great that the Ace has woken up to us lot.

If anyone hasn't been to the Ace Cafe before this should be a great excuse to get down there/across there/up there :)

I forgot to ask Carl what time everything was kicking off and when it was running to. Do you have any idea?

Ceers,
Sam

According to their website it's an all day event (9am - 5pm)

Might well see you there :thumb2

Be nice if a few of the travellers left their stoves at home and bought a brew from the cafe unlike the last travellers meet there - proper pikey lot :D

If I'm not away working I might just have my bike back by then - don't fancy a travellers meet on a Honda CB600 with bad asthma :(

Update

Attending to date

Presenting

Austin Vince Lois Pryce
Sam Manicom
Craig Clarey Clinch
Grant Susan Johnson

Motorcycle Outreach Charity

Trading

TravelDri - Plus
Planet - Knox
James Cargo
Horizons Unlimited
and of course the authors

A timetable listed nearer the time

Glynn

I'm new around the forum but the wife and I are planning to be there as well - well we will be if we can find our way there. :)

Adrian

Last edited:
I really want to go... but I just know it's going to give me itchy feet, talking to all those who really HAVE just up-sticks and gone...

Whats the weather gonna do?

Think this is going to be a really good day... loads of interest on this and other sites

Timetable will be posted this week

Glynn

Met with Carl from the Ace today and the confirmed line up for the day is....

Presentations from -

11.00 AM Ian Mutch - Mali on a Harley
Editor of 'The Road' and MAG stalwart.

12.30 PM Sam Manicom - Distant Suns
Long time traveller and author

2.00 PM Austin Vince - Our resident after dinner speaker!
Veteran of many madcap trips and author too!

3.30 PM Simon Gandolfi - Old man on a bike
South America on a 125...

All presentations last around 20 minutes

Also attending -

Grant and Susan Johnson - Horizons Unlimited

Craig Carey Clinch - Motorcycle Outreach Charity

As well as the above signing their books and DVD's there are several traders attending.

TravelDri - Plus - Camping/Travel Outfitters

Metal Mule - Metal Luggage systems

James Cargo - Shipping solutions

The KTM Centre. Hemel Hempstead - Err KTM's...

Middlesex Advanced Motorcyclists

All the above can be googled easily. I doubt any of the traders will have their full range on board, I know they would be grateful if you contact them for anything you want to see/buy.

Glynn

Lois Pryce - Long time traveller and author will also be attending and signing her books 'Red tape and white knuckles' is out now!

Glynn

Of follow another GS from Reading - i'll be going, poss +1 :thumb2

Anybody planning to meet up around Reading area to travel down? Depending on the magnitude of my expected opening day of 6 nations rugby hangover, I could be up for it...

Back
Top Bottom