Speed Camera POIs

EPP

Reaction score
Hi just bought a Garmin Quest1 on the touratech stand deal at NEC seems like a nice unit not much different than my Streetpilot III which I have sold to a friend. Only reason to change was so that it would also fit on my sons sport bike, streetpilot is a bit big :blast.

Does anyone know where there might be a free download of speed cameras. I did a little research and managed to find a transparant map poi overlay at pocket gps world this however is a subscription service and i feel sure there must be free versions around......any thoughts anyone.

Cheers

Last edited:
You get what you pay for, with the pocketworld one it's updated at least monthly.

And, as I reported a new mobile camera site, I've got another 20 years before I have to pay again :)

You get what you pay for, with the pocketworld one it's updated at least monthly.

And, as I reported a new mobile camera site, I've got another 20 years before I have to pay again :)

I think you will find that you have life membership so won't have to pay in 20 years!
with regard to the Garmin overlays,I don't thinks sound and distance can be assigned on a Quest1 but the coloured blobs which show the camera positions can be set to appear at different zoom levels.
Dave

I only continued my sub to get the camera data for the car GPS when I had my Quest. The blobs were pretty useless TBH, no audio alert meant that you had to keep your eye on the screen too much of the time for it to be effective or healthy.

Back
Top Bottom