Route through the Black Forest?

Big Lee

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

On my planned jolly next year I hope to dip a toe into Germany as I`ve heard great things about the Black forest but I can`t seem to find any recommended routes through it :confused: Does anyone have any mapsource routes or even better some nice colour screenshots of maps etc :thumb2

Thanks for your help! :beerjug:

Lee

this is my 2000th post, I need to get out more :D

Baden-Baden south on the 500 is supposed to be good. Had a look at the Michelin maps for the green snaked roads?

Soon be away from 2000 :D

Head for the 500 from Frieberg area and explore around, brilliant

stayed here

http://www.sonne-post.de/

only gets about 6 brits a year but boy is the food good and a well kept secret for the Germans

Teejay

I`ll be equipped with tent and sleeping bag so not hard roofed sleeping quarters for me (why no rufty tufty smilie? )

Black Forest is a great place for biking- agree that Freiburg is a great place- Tititsee is nice, the run to Triberg from there is also very good. If you are stopping in the Black Forest I can definately recommend the Neubierhausle- the price is brilliant- me and Mrs Haydw had 4 nights there with a 4 course meal each night for €199 each- and the food was truly incredible. Take a look at www.neubierhausle.de

The Black Forest has got quite a bit of traffic, but a place that hasnt and I would recommend without any hesitation is the Harz mountains. The roads are billiard table smooth, not full of tourists, only bikers, the food is cheap and plentiful and so is the beer. I enjoyed the Harz more than the Black Forest- another great place to stop is the Hotel Harmonie in Bad Grund- Simon and Elaine are fantastic hosts and Simon can take you on a ride to see places you would not normally see. There are so many things to see there as well- we didnt get round it all in five days. MCI tours also so a self guided one as well- I forget the price but from what I remember its an absolute bargain.

Black Forest is a great place for biking- agree that Freiburg is a great place- Tititsee is nice, the run to Triberg from there is also very good. If you are stopping in the Black Forest I can definately recommend the Neubierhausle- the price is brilliant- me and Mrs Haydw had 4 nights there with a 4 course meal each night for €199 each- and the food was truly incredible. Take a look at www.neubierhausle.de

The Black Forest has got quite a bit of traffic, but a place that hasnt and I would recommend without any hesitation is the Harz mountains. The roads are billiard table smooth, not full of tourists, only bikers, the food is cheap and plentiful and so is the beer. I enjoyed the Harz more than the Black Forest- another great place to stop is the Hotel Harmonie in Bad Grund- Simon and Elaine are fantastic hosts and Simon can take you on a ride to see places you would not normally see. There are so many things to see there as well- we didnt get round it all in five days. MCI tours also so a self guided one as well- I forget the price but from what I remember its an absolute bargain.

Harz mountains are brilliant, stayed at Simon and Elaines place, top man, took us on a great ride, was out all day, will definately be going back.
Germany is a great country and the people are friendly and helpful, cant wait to go back there. :likeit

Your biking prayers are answered with ADAC Motorradtouren maps: http://www.uem-online.org/em/index-map.php?nr=

Click on map MR9, and print the one page overview of the map, then print the nine individual maps.

The Schwartzwalder Hochstrasse (Black Forest High Road) is the most famous but there are many equally good stretches. Have fun, but beware that due to idiot antics in the past, some of the roads are closed to bikes at the weekends.

Tim

Great info there lads! Thanks a lot :beerjug: I`ll be trying to put some of the suggestions into my route :D

For the outright riding pleasure, the Harz is the best, not crowded during the week, not many police speed cameras and great roads. Goslar is a world heritage city and from there the twisty roads are just minutes away.
Trouble is its a bit off the main route from the UK in the middle of Germany.
Best crossing would be to Hoek of Holland and then head East.

rode some great roads in that area in august this year seems long time ago

anyway found a few cracking roads around todtmoos

Black Forest is a great place for biking- agree that Freiburg is a great place- Tititsee is nice

+1 for freiburg and titisee. We always stay at 'Camping Kirchzarten' which is a lovely wee village just 15 mins by train away from freiburg. Very nice campsite with excellent facilities and about 20 mins away from titisee - very nice. excellent roads and some great switchbacks too.

:D

Back
Top Bottom