My first GS !

Ben McLean

Howdy all,

Just a quick 'hello' post from Melbourne, Australia. I just bought myself a 98 R1100GS (yep, the anniversary edition) from South Australia last Thursday. :cool:

Rode it back 910 kms to home on the madien voyage, didn't miss a beat. Bargain bike for the dollars, and able to do (so far, at least) everything I want it to. :likeit

Looking forward to getting out and about on it, and exploring some of those roads that were previously off limits to my other two wheeled steeds!

Speaking of other bikes, I'll have to get used to not having to polish wheels and fairings every other day just to keep them looking nice...wonder what I'll do with all that free time now? :adv:

Anyone got a quick hint to keep the ol girl ticking over and running well?.. I'm open to all suggestions..

BTW, thanks for you guys and girls, for putting together a great forum of knowledge. Hope to see at least some of you out there one day. I'll try to get a pic up and posted soon-ish.

Benny Mac

Welcome ben :thumb2

I'm well jealous, it's summer where you are and you just got a GS, happy days

Without seeing the bike ( ahem :postpics ) it would be trickey to suggest any quick hints, but the ride home sounded ok so i'm guessing there are no big worries......

I always change the plugs,filters, oils and fluids and brake pads on any new bike i intend to keep, it helps to set a 'benchmark', so you are starting out with most things that wear out frequently in good condition.

If you've got the time or inclination you should include head and wheel bearings at the first tyre change

your bike will love it and you will love the difference

But i guess you'll be to busy riding

Hiya Ben!
The 1100 gs - arguably the best and most reliable and still the daddy:thumb:thumb.
Had mine for nearly 10 years regular oil changes and don't fiddle for the sake of it - only sort it if it needs sorting:rob thats my advice. Have fun and enjoy:beerjug:
cheers matey
kelv:thumb2:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom