Tobinators 1150ADV

jimswms

Reaction score
Can someone tell me exactly what I need to fit tobinators to my ADV? I've seen the "adv kit", but, what's in the kit? I might have what I need!

Oh, I tried searching, and, didn't find what I was looking for!

Cheers,
Jim

Jim

Search http://www.nippynormans.com for Tobinators
Search on here for Fitting Tobinators or something like that .....

What you need is the "R1150GSA (Adventure) - complete set" Kit, which differs from the Standard (screen) kit in having adaptors to facilitate the different lower profile of the GSA screen.

If you have a standard GSA and its screen, you need the TOB-1150GSAC kit from Nippy Norman (this combines kits TOB-1150GSA and TOB-1150GSAA....:augie)

V

Can someone tell me exactly what I need to fit tobinators to my ADV? I've seen the "adv kit", but, what's in the kit? I might have what I need!

Oh, I tried searching, and, didn't find what I was looking for!

Cheers,
Jim

Don't by the tobinators! It is such a lost of time and money;)
Good luck :thumb

Jim

Dont listen to Sani.:blagblah................unless you're under 5ft tall (well, OK, 5'10" or so) the tobinators do work - they're fiddly to get right, but they do work at reducing buffeting. I (6'1") can amble along at 100kmph with a flip helmet open:loopy, and any helmet's visor open now that they are 'tuned' right.

V

What a very negative coment Sani,

Just because you didn't fit or get on with them does not mean that they are going to be a waste of time and money for other people.

I have them and would not be without them. They work fantastic for me.

Back to the point....

jimswms.... once fitted it is a matter of trial and error to find a sweet spot setting thats good for you. If you do a search you will find pictures of how people of certain heights etc have found to work.

I'm 6' and I have the tobinators set in the most upright position but I find if I duck down an inch or two the noise almost dissapears completly. As it is I can ride with chin piece up at 90mph with no probs at all. I just need to raise an inch or so but have no adjustment left.

Hopefully this reply is seen as slightly more usefull than Sani's :rolleyes:

Jon :beerjug:

thanks, guys. I already own the tobes. I just need to know what I need to fit them to my adv!!!

thanks, guys. I already own the tobes. I just need to know what I need to fit them to my adv!!!

A 6 and 8mm alan key:nenau

Very simple to fit, just be carefull when the bolts are loose not to drop the screen onto the instrument binacle and scratch it :)

Don't over tighten the "pods" to the screen as you can easily crack the screen.

Jon :beerjug:

Hmm I am 6 ft,5 and I had the tobinators ,never worked for me so I find that is such a lost of time and money but I said to the guy God luck and is up to Jim:)

Bugger!

I find myself in (sort of) agreement with Sani. :blast

Tobinators do work but there is a cheaper and as effective alternative (at least for the GSA).

I had them fitted for four years to my bike. Once I found the 'sweet spot' (and that takes some trial with different positions), they worked.

However, they cause the already wobbly screen to wobble even more.

Eventually I removed them and cut two slightly curved slots in the screen at the rear mounting point. I then experimented with the screen at different angles and have found that with it canted back it has the same effect as Tobinators (allowing more airflow under the screen and that's what seems to reduce the buffeting).

Having lived with the Tobinators for 30K miles, I now have the same effect but no more wobbly screen. :thumb2

Guys, I'm not interested in debating whether they work or not. A friend gave me his set, and, I'd like to try them, but, apparently, I need some extra bits to fit to my ADV. So, what are the bits? Or, are the bits sold at Nippy Normans and Wunderlich to fit a ADV screen on a GS?

Hi jim this is what you nead from Nippy Normans:)

TOBINATORS - R1150GSA (Adventure) -complete set

Item Number : TOB-1150GSAC
Price : £109.00
This is the complete set for the R1150GSA (Adventure) - the Tobinators AND adaptors. If you have an Adventure with the original screen and screen mounts, this kit gives you everything you need.

Guys, I'm not interested in debating whether they work or not. A friend gave me his set, and, I'd like to try them, but, apparently, I need some extra bits to fit to my ADV. So, what are the bits? Or, are the bits sold at Nippy Normans and Wunderlich to fit a ADV screen on a GS?

It would help if we knew whether the set you have are for a GS or a GSA.

If it is a set from your friend's GSA, it should be complete, presumably they did fit his bike? :nenau

The GSA kit includes two machined aluminium blocks that replace the large black plastic spacers that permit the mounting of the much wider GSA screen. Also included are GS mounting plates, the slim black plastic bits that permit the non-GSA screen to be adjusted for rake, or the "Adaptor Adventure" (according to the age of the kit).

GS kit:

TOB_R1150GSKitPic.jpg

GSA Kit:

DSCN2407.JPG

It would help if we knew whether the set you have are for a GS or a GSA.

If it is a set from your friend's GSA, it should be complete, presumably they did fit his bike? :nenau

The GSA kit includes two machined aluminium blocks that replace the large black plastic spacers that permit the mounting of the much wider GSA screen. Also included are GS mounting plates, the slim black plastic bits that permit the non-GSA screen to be adjusted for rake, or the "Adaptor Adventure" (according to the age of the kit).

GS kit:

TOB_R1150GSKitPic.jpg

GSA Kit:

DSCN2407.JPG
HALLELUJAH, the answer with a detailed picture I was looking for:bow:bow:clap:clap:beerjug::beerjug::thumb2:thumb2:eek:onyack:eek:onyack:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Might have saved yourself some time if you'd just googled Tobinators (images).

That's all I did. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom