starter button popped out and done a runner

Berwick Ranger

It was there one minute, then it wasn't.

Anyone got any ideas where I can get a new button on its own from?
The allen key stuck in there isn't very neat to look at....

Motorworks are breaking an 1150 right now... so will very likely have a second hand for a better price than a brand new one... tbh I would think all 3 would have 2nd hand ones on the shelf. :thumb2

btw on the website they say this 1150 has a lot of tasty touratech bits.

phoned motorworks straight away because they are great but they don't have them - they would only be able to sell whole new unit at £40:eek:

phoned motorworks straight away because they are great but they don't have them - they would only be able to sell whole new unit at £40:eek:

40 pounds isn't too bad - better to buy a new one for peace of mind because you can guarantee that if you bought a second hand one, an indicator switch or something would give up after a few weeks ... :tears.

I had the same problem (popped out starter button) on my R1100S and bought a second hand switchgear ... couldn't be arsed to undo cable ties and connectors so I managed to open the switchgear and simply replace the missing starter - it CAN be done - the secret is a small screw behind a silver 'do not remove' sticker inside the switchgear!

Go new - it's guaranteed, too ...

Nick

40 pounds isn't too bad - better to buy a new one for peace of mind because you can guarantee that if you bought a second hand one, an indicator switch or something would give up after a few weeks ... :tears.

I had the same problem (popped out starter button) on my R1100S and bought a second hand switchgear ... couldn't be arsed to undo cable ties and connectors so I managed to open the switchgear and simply replace the missing starter - it CAN be done - the secret is a small screw behind a silver 'do not remove' sticker inside the switchgear!

Go new - it's guaranteed, too ...

Nick

I agree... tbh knowing the price of new electrical bits for the GS I would have assumed that £40 was the price for a decent second hand.. not new.

Given that then yes.. I would definitely go for a brand new one.

Well, I can't remember if the £40 quoted was for new switchgear or used:confused: but in the new year I will splash out. However, in the meantime I have surpassed my own expectations and cunningly fashioned a replacement from a nylon registration plate bolt. The shank had to be filed down a little to fit through and a few mm chopped of the end but fits well and doesn't look completely disasterous. Even better, works just like the original and cost a few pence.

Back
Top Bottom