Intro: ADVRider now in Cork

Thinc2

Hey all,
I'm a long time ADVRIder that has just moved to Cork from Colorado. Sold my TE610 and 1150GS and made the move. So am ready to start afresh - which means learning new roads, joining UKGS'er and it's time to start looking for a bike.

If you have any suggestions on the best place for me to look for a GS in the Cork area, please let me know. A low mileage 1150 Adventure would be ideal :)

So I'll see you in the Ireland forum and other places online. Look forward to meeting some of you on the road.

Regards,

tim

Welcome Thinc2 :beerjug:

Have a look in "Areas" in the "Ireland" section and post your question there too - You'll get the benefit of local knowledge :thumb2

:beerjug:

Thanks - all set. Looking forward to getting to know the site better :thumb

you might find it cheaper buying an bike in the UK and importing it over to Ireland.... some others may be able to tell you of the in's and out's of that.

Welcome Tim. :thumb2

There are quite a few GSers in and around the real capital. There are plenty of runs all through the year and you will be made most welcome.

As Tuned says, most guys buy in the UK and then bring the bike in as it's a much cheaper way to go. Start a thread in the Ireland section and you will get plenty of advice, some of it useful. :D:D

You may want to consider becoming a site sponsor as lots of real good GS's come up for sale here. It's only £12 per year.

Hope to see you somewhere along the way in the new year. :)

Edit;

Here's an example of a lovely 1150 for sale in the UK

Welcome Tim. :thumb2

There are quite a few GSers in and around the real capital. There are plenty of runs all through the year and you will be made most welcome.

As Tuned says, most guys buy in the UK and then bring the bike in as it's a much cheaper way to go. Start a thread in the Ireland section and you will get plenty of advice, some of it useful. :D:D

You may want to consider becoming a site sponsor as lots of real good GS's come up for sale here. It's only £12 per year.

Hope to see you somewhere along the way in the new year. :)

Edit;

Here's an example of a lovely 1150 for sale in the UK

YUP - I will sign up as a sponsor, because I plan to spend a lot of time on the site. Here's what happened I tried to earlier - in the Sticky it states:

"If you want to post (or reply to posts) on the For Sale and Wanted Forum, you need to be a Site Sponsor.....look in the FAQ section or simply click on the red 'Site Sponsor' wording in a Sponsor`s namebox."

However if you go into the FAQ's, there's nothing that references "Sponsor", and if you do a Search for "Sponsor" it also comes up blank.

Anyway, I got the link on how to subscribe in the Ireland forum - but just FYI.

Thanks for all the advice.

Welcome Thinc2 :beerjug:

As Aidan says there's plenty of GSers (aka Tossers) down your part of the country.
Edit: I see you've found the Ireland section :thumb2

Welcome Thinc2.....

A few spins kicking off over christmas
if you want to know some instant info drop me a pm and i will give you my phone no , Just 20 mins north of Cork City
what part of Cork are you in

pg

Hey all,
I'm a long time ADVRIder that has just moved to Cork from Colorado. Sold my TE610 and 1150GS and made the move. So am ready to start afresh - which means learning new roads, joining UKGS'er and it's time to start looking for a bike.

If you have any suggestions on the best place for me to look for a GS in the Cork area, please let me know. A low mileage 1150 Adventure would be ideal :)

So I'll see you in the Ireland forum and other places online. Look forward to meeting some of you on the road.

Regards,

tim

Hi Thinc2 ... welcome to UKGSer, good to see you here. :)

A few spins kicking off over christmas
if you want to know some instant info drop me a pm and i will give you my phone no , Just 20 mins north of Cork City
what part of Cork are you in

pg

Thanks for the invite and all the great welcomes - much appreciated!

Not ready to ride just yet - my gear hasn't arrived - still in a container. I need to move into a house, get the kids registered for school, buy a car for the wife and buy a bike.

I did find a place to stay a few days ago - so I'll be in Rochestown.

I should be ready to go by end of January though - I think that's when it starts to get sunny right? :D

tim

PS - Now that I'm here I wish I had shipped my bikes over, rather than selling and repurchasing - oh well...

Back
Top Bottom