G450X aftermarket can

ovenpaa

Reaction score
Do they make much difference in rideability and are they much noisier? I tend to ride quite briskly when on my own and I know the terrain, and my wife assures me she can hear me at half a mile away, the extra power is appealing but not if it brings unwanted attention to what I am doing.

The Akrapovic pipe is 96dBm if I remember correctly. :augie 2dB over the FIM racing limit. ;) But I don't give a sh1t, the lanes will all close eventually anyway when the rambliars get their own selfish way. :mad:

Not sure how much more rideable it makes the bike or extra power for that matter, :nenau but it sure does sound nice. :D

I also noticed that the standard silencer gets VERY hot, but the Akrapovic one is considerably cooler.

The Akrapovic pipe is 96dBm if I remember correctly. :augie 2dB over the FIM racing limit. ;) But I don't give a sh1t, the lanes will all close eventually anyway when the rambliars get their own selfish way. :mad:

Not sure how much more rideable it makes the bike or extra power for that matter, :nenau but it sure does sound nice. :D

I also noticed that the standard silencer gets VERY hot, but the Akrapovic one is considerably cooler.

did you go the whole hog and get the conical header or just the slip on ?

did you go the whole hog and get the conical header or just the slip on ?

I just got the slip-on can as I figured that sooner or later I'll put a big ding in the standard down pipe, that's when I'll get the race header. :rolleyes:

Oh yeh, the Akrapovic pipe is a lot lot lighter than the standard one. :)

If you pay those prices for the Akrapovic can, then they really are taking the p1ss. :augie Can't believe that someone will be daft enough to pay them. :eek

The Scorpion can looks good. :)

North Oxford Garage have got stock of the Genuine BMW Akrapovic silencer which weighs only 2 kg over the standard 4.4 kg for only £500 plus shipping!! (only 2 left at this price) call me 01865 319072, James.

Akro can too dear and the rest of the system ain't any cheaper.
I managed to wangle a full Remus for £380.
It was a sort of loyalty gift from one of the supliers I shop at.......:augie

As for power release, the low and mid range was opened right up, and I don't use the top end anyway, so haven't tried it there.:toungincheek

Timpo.

the akra slip on is 96db if not mistaken.
At speedbrain.de the have the factory akra but it wil not fit in the stock header.(at least thats what it says, stupid thing is that just the slipon is a cheaper at speedbrain then the bmw akra slipon....)
so for the factory akra you need the factory header the one with the extra can on it, it resorbs 1,5 db and gives an extra low bottom torgue. That's how the factory guys can make the 94 db (just).
Because the bmw has a short stroke it has to make more rpm(500) in compersen of a ktm or wrf crf, when they do the db test.

I think i get the remus slip on for myself. its 94 db.

There is no such thing as 'free' when it comes to vehicle purchasing.....

Timpo.

Well I didn't pay the list price for the bike (it was a considerable differance) and got several extra bits in the deal, the aluminium bash plate included. So I guess that was free. :nenau

Does it change the warranty if you have a aftermakret can on it?

I heard that only with the bmw akra the waaranty stay's.
With other aftermarket can,s the warranty is gone...??????

i like the remus full system very much

If BMW are happy for you to increase or decrease the power through the availability of a switch then I cannot think an aftermarket can will affect the warranty.

I've just purchased a G450X and was very concerned as to the validity of the warranty and asked every conceivable question and scenario, infact the dealer even encouraged me to fit an aftermarket can to enhance the bikes looks but also said the prices Akro were charging was a rip off.

I think BMW's focus is on engine servicing, so as long as it is serviced at the correct intervals (who wouldn't if it was in the interest of reliability) and you retain the proof of purchase of oils and filters then warranty 'should' remain valid.

I've been trawling the net for an alternative exhaust at a reasonable price and came up with this:

http://www.calsport.co.uk/BMW/3805-2008-G_450_X/28-Exhausts/Remus/44144

A complete system for £445.71 including postage, Speedbrain are asking €710 plus p+p fornthe same system, oh, and you don't really need a calculator to work out what that is in sterling! AND it states 94db with the plug in it.

i get an error when clicking on the link.....

hhmmm i think i should order it in the UK a full remus system, any other good adresses?

different pc and it works.

that's a big difference!! less then 500 euro for the total system titanium...
is it a well knowing shop?

Haven't a clue as I've never needed one before, saying that I have just ordered it so I'll see what turns up.

I'll keep you posted.

The exchange rate rate would make that an exceptional deal for you, and only 15% vat! Cheers Gordan:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom