Bike mount for Garmi Nuvi 250 - any good?

Looks okay, and at that price - worth a try.

The Nuvi is solid-state, so the vibration won't affect it- just make sure you avoid downpours, cos it ain't waterproof.

Al :thumb2

looks ok

please buy one and report back, i have the push bike mount on mine, but the fixings are cable ties..:(

photo of the mount.. not my one..

Attachments

• draw165ebay.jpg
    draw165ebay.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,139
Ebay said best offer so put in £4.99 post free and offer accepted - I'll report back when it arrives :thumb2

Arrived today - £4.99 post free :thumb2

Looked a lot smaller than the zumo mount but appears well made. Attached to the bike in seconds and a very snug fit too thanks to the rubberish liners. Went out for a little ride with the nuvi attached and no vibration, very sturdy and the nuvi worked brilliantly well :thumb2
I've now got an excellent satnav for bike and car with full EU mapping, speed camera warnings, POIs all for the grand sum of £75 +£4.99 :D
I sold my zumo because I didn't need the bluetooth (part of the appeal of the bike is not having to answer a phone!) or music (I've got an excellent little mp3 player for that) so all I needed was the mapping and a list of hotels, restaurants, petrol station etc and thats all on the nuvi.
I don't need the ability to plan routes/tracks on a computer - thats what my michelin maps are for.
447782144_qG7nc-L.jpg

447781979_qsAk2-L.jpg

447782050_eRZYP-L.jpg

Next plan is to buy a cheap cigar lighter socket and wire up to bike and then have power for the nuvi :thumb2
If it rains I'll put the nuvi into a clear zipped food bag or into my waterproof tank bag :D

Next plan is to buy a cheap cigar lighter socket and wire up to bike and then have power for the nuvi :thumb2
If it rains I'll put the nuvi into a clear zipped food bag or into my waterproof tank bag :D

What a perfectly timed thread, as I was looking for a bike mount for the Nuvi 255 that I just ordered...

I have been using a Mio C510 for the last couple of years, and use a ziploc bag when it rains. I ordered loads of them off Ebay while drunk a while back (along with cable ties and magnets. And springs, and glow sticks...), and have some that are a tight fit round the unit, which means that it fits well into the cradle still. I have never had any issues no matter how bad the conditions that I am riding through.

Back
Top Bottom