Cramp Buster Mod

everywherevirtually

Reaction score
My cramp buster stops the heat getting through to my last two fingers on my right hand.

To fix this I have drilled holes in it which allows more heat through. The weather is well below zero at the moment which made for perfect testing conditions.

There is a noticeable improvement after the mod and so I can say this is a success. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

before:
3154243510_3cb25632aa.jpg

the problem:
3153405519_ffe1b38bfd.jpg

the solution:
3154242818_dcfa3e2b95.jpg

3154242438_51cbf2e8f0.jpg

3154242228_449f4a8a4d.jpg

I was careful not to drill too many holes and thus affect the structural integrity of the cramp buster when putting it back onto the handlebar grip. :thumb

Fantastic idea - looks good too. Gives it that light-weight, go faster look

Fantastic idea - looks good too. Gives it that light-weight, go faster look
I'm sure my fellow GS'ers could do a better job than me by clamping it and using a workbench drill and aligning the holes to give it that professional look.

I literally got my Bosch and went at it in the hallway under a bright light :mcgun

Surely you're taking the piss:D

Why would he be taking the piss? I had a problem, I did a mod, I posted it on here for the benefit of others who might have had a similar experience. OK it's not exactly an earth shattering mod but I did it anyway as having numb fingers is not a good idea if you want to maintain control of the bike after a few hours riding. :mad:

Good idea mate!

Here's a tip for the opposite effect:

In winter I wrap a couple of layers of electrical insulting tape round the brake and clutch levers.

It helps insulate the metal levers and reduces the cold through my gloves!

Simple, cheap and works.

Good idea mate!

Here's a tip for the opposite effect:

In winter I wrap a couple of layers of electrical insulting tape round the brake and clutch levers.

It helps insulate the metal levers and reduces the cold through my gloves!

Simple, cheap and works.

That is an excellent idea! I was thinking that yesterday. the levers were ice cold despite me having TT handguards and muffs over them. I noticed that despite having the muffs the cold was still getting in.

I noticed also that there was extra fur just inside the muff itself so I pulled it out beyond the edge of the hard nylon outer so that the fur extended up towards my wrist and that seemed to stop the cold air turbulence from circulating inside the muff itself. :clap

ok I just checked out the website.

i get it. you don't have to grip the throttle so hard while riding!

that could be something..

Back
Top Bottom