Garmisch Biker Meeting

pauly

I am intending to ride down to the BMW Biker Meeting in Garmisch in July, can anyone recommend a good route that takes in lots of mountains, through Switzerland maybe? Also, what do they charge to get in?
Thanks, Paul

I`ve never been to the Biker meet but I`ve been to Garmisch.
The route I`d take would be Monschau to Cochem - down the Mosel to Bernkastel - across to Kaiserslautern - down through the Black Forest to Lake Constance then through the Tyrol to Garmisch.
If you`ve got time play on some nice roads south of Freiberg - take a run up to St Anton and try some of the Apline passes that proliferate that area.

bmw rally

Pauly,
This rally coinsides with our yearly run to the alps,we are going out Thursday 1st july from Dover. we wasn't actually planning on going to the rally but being as we are more or less going right past it on route we thought we would have a look on saturday to see what it is all about. what are your plans?
have you booked the ferry yet?

Andy

Andy,

I haven't booked anything yet but we'll probably be going on Thursday 1st July as well. We will more than likely be catching the fast ferry from Portsmouth (to Caen), as we live about 15 minutes from the ferry port.
Can you recommend a good route through the Alps? My intention is to make our way down to the Munich area (there is a farm where we have stayed before which we will probably use again), after which we will make our way to Garmisch and then after that I'm not sure. We need to find somewhere to stay not too far from Garmisch, after which we will be heading back through switzerland/France on Monday 5th and catching the ferry back on Tuesday 6th.
Any suggestions of routes or accommodation gratefully received!
Paul

Four of us going (three 1100s and an 1150) Thursday 1st July from Dover 11.30am........

Will be using a mix of autoroute / nationals as its the first part of a two week break in the Alps and Dolomites.......

Hope to bump into you all in the beer tents !..................

:beerjug: ;)

Back
Top Bottom