BMW off road skills level two

alladventure

Reaction score
I have just booked on the level two course for April 12/13, anyone booked in for the same weekend ?

Has anyone been before and hired the gear from them, thinking of getting the jacket and trousers from them so i can keep my gear mud free for the ride back :bounce1

I did my level 1 and hired all the gear - the only thing I didn't hire was the helmet (if I recall correctly they don't do these). All of the gear, whilst a little worn in some areas did the job - it was clean and serviceable - I'm sure if it wasn't they'd replace it. Certainly the gear I turned in absolutely hummed after two days of soggy rides. Nice to put on a clean set of clothes afterwards!! I'm certain the work rate of the level 2 course will get you sweating (perhaps in fear too!) much more than the level 1, although some of the technical stuff we did was rather interesting!

Enjoy.

P

Hi Kalli,are you going by bike & where are you travelling from ?

Palerider thanks for the input i was thinking it would be worth the money to use there gear, get it covered in mud and fall off a couple of times then hand it back and let them do the cleaning :bounce1

I did a Level 1 course last year and hired all the gear (apart from the helmet which I’m sure they don’t do).

It was certainly adequate, and did the job. And much better than using your own gear, which many did, which looked ruined after two days!

Personally I wouldn’t do what I did and try and get the cheapest moto-cross helmet I could get, which ended up with me having to buy goggles as well. Cos the goggles turned out to be a right pain!

I’d go for a cheap normal full face helmet….more practical, and cheaper to buy, and more choice too.

Enjoy your day :thumb2

Hi Kalli,are you going by bike & where are you travelling from ?

No, I will fly into Heathrow on Saturday morning along with a couple of others that are doing the level one running at the same time.
We are going to rent a car and drive to Wales in the afternoon and will be staying at the Abercrave.

I have booked myself on the level two same dates as yours, did the level one last year about the same time of year it was awesome!!!!

Andy

Back
Top Bottom