North Oxford BMW

Jaq Draco

I have writted in other threads about tyres with this dealer, but I honestly think they have redeemed themselves.....

My GS went in for it's 18k service. The service manager (no names,no pack drill...) noticed that the gearbox, shaft and brake fluid had not been changed and as the bike was 2 years old he suggested that it was done, and quoted me the full price. I had only bought the bike in dec, so we haggled for a bit, ( I refused to pay anything over 200 quid for the lot - including the original service) and he agreed. (nice chap...) anyway, I took the bike from the dealers and got about a mile before the clutch went. it was about 6.00 pm and they kindly got the van and took me and bike back to the dealer.

they apologised, stating the fresh clutch oil must have blown the seal on the slave cylinder and would get me a new one under warranty, they gave me a rockster and drove me and the loan bike in the van the 5 miles to my house as I had enduro boots on and could not ride it.

I picked the bike up 2 days later and got about 60 yards and the clutch was slipping, yep the main seal had also gone and there was oil on the clutch. I went back....loads of apologies

I said that i did not like the rockster so an r1200gt, (with panniers) was rolled out and I was given that for two days. heated seat bliss....

after a whole new clutch assembly they gave me the bike back yesterday all tip top and no charge, apologising to me all the way out the door. They didn't even moan when I retuned the gt with an empty tank.

sorry it's a bit longwinded, just wanted to point out that the breakdown(s) were not their fault but they did everything they could to make sure I was mobile and put up with me, plying me with coffee at every oppourtunity. I even got a free bmw key case out of it that I had ordered and would not except money for.

now THAT'S customer service!!!!!

sounds good - how much noise and haggling did you need to do?

btw - what didn't you like about the Rockster?

Not that much actually, no raised voices or anything. we had a 'firm' discussion, and the dealer was reasonable. You have to be prepared to give a little and then so will they.
the sales dept agreed to pay half of the cost because i only got the bike in dec, but i wasn't prepared to pay the other half, so we negotiated. I eventually agreed to pay for some of the fluids used.

as for the rocster.... too twitchy, and no screen. not used to riding on proper road tyres (010's), also felt as if i was sitting on top of it. it's a good bike but not for me i am afraid.

Jaq Draco said:
Not that much actually, no raised voices or anything. we had a 'firm' discussion, and the dealer was reasonable. You have to be prepared to give a little and then so will they.
the sales dept agreed to pay half of the cost because i only got the bike in dec, but i wasn't prepared to pay the other half, so we negotiated. I eventually agreed to pay for some of the fluids used.

as for the rocster.... too twitchy, and no screen. not used to riding on proper road tyres (010's), also felt as if i was sitting on top of it. it's a good bike but not for me i am afraid.

ok - reasonable result then.

you just described exactly why I like the Rockster... ;)

Just had my first (600mile) service with North Oxford BMW.
They picked my bike up in the van, serviced it and returned it all at no cost to me, not even parts or oil. now thats service !

yeah, i had sidi enduro boots on and when I sat on the rockster i could not flex my foot enough to reach the gear lever..... Honest.

The rockser is a good bike, I didn't like it, others will. whatever floats your boat I suppose.....

Had the same problem when I bought my Sidi Off 4s - couldnt change gear on my 650 - had to take the gear lever off and rotate it one notch on the splines.

And the boots are about as waterproof as rice paper: dont these enduro chappies get wet feet or what?

yeah I know. my sidi rains have better waterproofing.
at least me skin is watertight.

Back
Top Bottom