crocodile

D6

Reaction score
took my new becker crocodile for a try today.
first impressions,
very good screen, graphics are the best iv had, and the maps are more detailed an up to date than the others
fairly easy to use (different than tomtom and garmin)
always stayed in signal wich is summat my garmin didnt
id say the features are all useable, but im not really interested in mp3,s etc, i just want a sat nav,
however, theres no bike mount, just car,and the connections seem v good. dont matter to me though as i always make my own mounts
main thing is its over 100 quid cheaper than a tomtom etc,
waterproofing will be tested when it rains
:thumb2

Crocodile?

So is it any good?
Any problems with it so far?
Ive been thinking of getting a new GPS and this one seems very good value....

Is it any good for planning though, and tweaking up a good route sitting in front of the 'pooter with a ride report to look at adjusting where you want to go, or is it an 'a to b' idiot's guide job?

The other issue for me with GPS systems is the backup...Garmin have deservedly got a very good reputation for this:thumb2

On my travels I met a German who had one of these. My Garmin was coming up with out-of-memory for a long calculation and his "croc" did it very quickly.

I nearly bought one, except they are ipx4 not ipx7 so only really splashproof.

Also Navteq are responsible for updated maps and they don't support the device so it looks like further updates are not available. Since Garmin use Navteq they should be on-par.

And the proper bike mount (not the plastic pushbike mount) costs a small fortune, it nearly puts it up into the Zumo price bracket.

Try: http://www.bikechatter.co.uk/gps-and-navigation/1005-becker-crocodile-z100-review.html

mines been out in all weathers and been ok,even outside in a 2 day monsoon, i updated it from their site,
its not really the thing for you fannum, but if u want one just to get you about, its fine, i made my own mount so cant comment on the mount

Do you have a headphone socket in when it rains? That review above mentions it might not be waterproof with it in?

You updated the maps from their website? They say to see Navteq, but Navteq website says its unsupported.

off becker site,
i dnt use headset so cant comment,
only thing i dont like is no contrast adjust , but its not bad anyway

Back
Top Bottom