custom seat recommendation

melboy

This letter is from a customer of mine who recommends my custom seats,

Melboy

Thanx Melvin for your info about Baglux.

I ought to say how pleased I am with your seat conversion for my 1150GS! I
sat on it all around Spain & France during the 40+ heat in August 03 and did
not have any problems with comfort at all. I was too busy to think about the
seat during my 2000+ miles on and off road which says a lot for it. The fact
that it doesn't enter my thoughts means it works!

Many thanxs

Tim Orsman
:shout

Attachments

• bmw 1150 gs custom 001.jpg
    bmw 1150 gs custom 001.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 608
:confused:

How about an idea of price? Leadtime? Will you ship overseas? Colour choices?

And ...

Most importanly ...

How do we contact your order department??

:jibberbig

here is the price to customize the 1150 GS, ; Adventurer, etc'

Hi' you will need to bring or send me your seat to be customized, price ; £135
you could have Gelastic Pad inserts fitted into the seat to help with rear end comfort, the price for one £35, or front & back for £60. I can reshape the seat
to how you would like it and reduce the height if so required, and also add a colour piping to match the bike.
I do it inside the week it gets to me, if sending it use the post office unless you have a courier firm to send it through.

add £10 to price if to post it back to you.

if you would like more information please phone me.

Regards, Melvin.

www.motorbike-seats.co.uk

more comfy rear end

Thought I would put this on the club site so you know that my custom seats seem to be doing the job for better comfort on the GS bike,

Melboy,

Hi Melvin,
Well having picked up my seats today I am well chuffed....Rode from yours to home (6 miles from Chippenham, Wiltshire) non stop and only needed a little movement occasionally to re-distribute the pressure points. Absolutely brilliant I would never have done that before as I would have been in pain, yes real pain on my old GS seat. The better half likes them as well ...she says they look right smart.
Anyway as I said 'It's your fault' because the seat is so much better, the riding position is better, the feedback is more positive, the steering feels more connected, the whole thing just feels better, etc etc so much so that I was half way home thinking this is good (on one of my favourite twisty bits) checked the speedo and ooops a 'little' faster than intended....but FUN FUN FUN....

Thanks Melvin, first impressions and first ride GREAT!!! All that remains is the distance/time/touring endurance check out now and I don't see that being a problem.

You'll certainly get my recommendation...
Cheers
Roger Clements
PS....Who needs Corbin anyway!!!!

HAVE YOU GOT A PICTURE OF A ONE PEICE ADV. SEAT TO POST MELVIN?:)

Adventure custom seat

Here's one

Attachments

• bmw 1150 adventure & r100 rt black 003.jpg
    bmw 1150 adventure & r100 rt black 003.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 486
Regarding the adventure seat Melvin, is it the standard hight, it looks very carved out compared with standard, don`t expect you to have one `in stock` but has anyone else got one I can sit on?
john.:wave

Adventue seat

As you know the Adventure seat is a bit rounded from side to side, this is not the best shape to sit on if you like distance riding,
so what I do is make it more flat where you sit this seems to help
with the comfort.
A seat can be reduced in height by about 30mm on this model,
the one in the picture is normal height but reshaped for style
and looks thats why it looks like it's reduced in height.

this picture is one I have done that has been raised 30mm
just to give you an idea,

also to give you more comfort Gelastic Pads can be inserted into the seat before the new covers go on.

I can't make your seat into an armchair but I can make it more comfy. So if you want an armchair on your bike try a furnitue shop,

Blessings, Melboy.

Attachments

• new 005.jpg
    new 005.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 421
Hi Mel,

What's available for the 1100?. Does the price include front and rear re-covering?.

Thanks

Robin

Hey Melboy,

If you're going to keep banging your drum you could at least showcase your handiwork on a stunning example of a GS instead of those lumpy crates :D

Attachments

• pd-singleseat copy.jpg
    pd-singleseat copy.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 361

Back
Top Bottom