Can the MAX SPEED on trip stats be reset?

sk8mutie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having upgraded to version 7.91 for the Rider 1 (i know it wasn't broken, so why did i do it...doh), it now has a "Trip Statistics" option that holds the total mileage, average and max speed.

Is there any way to reset the max speed option on the "Total since..." page, as I would hate for this option to be used against me ;o)

i think its because it was a software upgrade that it aint in the manual, but nevertheless, its a strange feature, just in case, if you get the drift:cool:

I don't think a GPSR can be used as evidence in retrospective speeding prosecution, they're not sufficiently reliable or calibrated. I've seen a screen grab of one that showed several thousand miles an hour.

I don't think a GPSR can be used as evidence in retrospective speeding prosecution, they're not sufficiently reliable or calibrated. I've seen a screen grab of one that showed several thousand miles an hour.

I agree with Bumpkin, I have never heard of this being used as evidence. This simple issue is that it doesnt state where/when that speed was done. Private roads, track, public roads, autobahn etc.

Performing a factory reset will likely clear and figures in the trip stats but you will loose your home address, favorites, and phone pairing which can all be redone when you start the device again. You will not loose maps or POI that you have loaded.

I cant see a obvious file on the system that contains the data but there might be one.

Back
Top Bottom