CB1000 ?

Straypuss

Lost.......
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There is a CB1000 Super Four/Big ONE for sale locally it is pretty scruffy and has 65k miles engine sounds fine, the chain and tyres are ok is T&T. Can the collective tell me are they thirsty, dull and handle like elephants on rollerskates or fun for the gentleman who prefers the fuller trouser?

depends

on what you're used to I suppose. I had one a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Handles well, comfy, plenty of grunt (if you have strong neck muscles!) & the usual Honda build quality.

Hops, can you remember how much fuel it took when it hit reserve? Chap says he gets 160 miles and I can only find the total capacity ...22ltr.. It may be too thirsty for my shallow pockets and possibly too scruffy to be worth saving..£700?

Attachments

• CB1000 004 (Small).jpg
    CB1000 004 (Small).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 109
Save your penny's looks rougher than a rough thing on rough stuff :thumb2

Did 40000 miles on mine (used to have big neck muscles) and really enjoyed it.

Handles surprisingly well and relatively grunty after stage 1 dynojet kit fitted.

Only drawback was the 30mpg :eek: eventually traded in for an ST1100 as I was then doing 90 miles a day and couldn't afford the fuel.

Still look back with fond memories of my big one!

If you do buy it I've got a genuine Honda workshop manual surplus to requirements :thumb

hmmm

Hops, can you remember how much fuel it took when it hit reserve?

That does like a 'walk away' in BIG steps bike, however I seem to recall getting around 200 miles per tank with about 20-30 miles on reserve depending on how progressive I was. Dont hold me to that though:rolleyes:

I think the reserve was about 5 litres so fill up from the light coming on was about 17 litres

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom