Northern Ireland Trip

Big Derek

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with their suggestions, It's my turn to arrange a outing for our little group www.bikerpals.co.uk and we are wanting to go to Northern Ireland. This trip is not for off roaders and will invovle both sports bikes, touring bikes, cruisers and Gs....ers.

Therefore the routes need to be mainly biking roads but senic not Motorways!
Having only ever been to Belfast years ago for the day from Stranra to Larne. I do not know much about NI. We intend going end of May for the Bank Holiday "not sure of dates " and usually we go for a 3 day stay, and ride outs every day.

So if you have any loop routes or idea's of help including a Good Hotel as a base must have offers of rooms with settee etc as two members sleep upright due to medical conditions. So we tend to need upgrades or suites for them.

I was told that the North West 200 is Mid May, which is very busy and most hotels booked up so we would have to go end of May on whatever he Bank Holiday dates are? From Hollyhead we were thinking of Antrim Coast and Glens with site seeing at
Giants Causway
Carick Rope Bridge
Bushmills Distillery

thats what we have told ?

Any help much appriciated regards

Big Derek :type

Northern Ireland Trip?

What would bring you to Northern Ireland when everybody knows the best biking country is in the South.

Everything is available in the Peoples Republic of Cork!:aidan:beerjug:

What would bring you to Northern Ireland when everybody knows the best biking country is in the South.

Ah jaysus now Michael I can't let you away with that one at all at all. There's plenty to see in the north of the country, South Armagh, the Mournes, Antrim Coast then all of Donegal. enough to keep anybody going for a few days. ;)

Why don't you take a wee run up to try it? :)

Everything is available in the Peoples Republic of Cork!:aidan:beerjug:
The reason we have chosed NI is that we have done Southern Ireland for the last 5 years and we fancy seeing the North.Plus we are spending sterling not euro for a change. We do other trips late rin th eyear last year we did Sorretto, Germany and Prague. I am told there is a lot to see on the coastal roads of Co Antrim?

Big D

NW200

Go and see the North West 200 - it is a bit crowded, but you can stay a bit away and then bike in for the day. See the posts on this forum about the NW200 - Tuned In has all the details. It is an amazing experience and highly recommended. Shame to miss it. NI is worth a trip anyway - the Antrim Coast road on a good day is fantastic.

You will love it.

Just a thought.

Psyko.

BEWARE OF THE NATIVES

Just follow Tarkas Link , you can cover lots of Lovely Areas from Almost
any of the Towns that he mentions.
Theres no Shortage of members en Route .
If you think i could assist you in any way let me Know .
Ohh and dont forget soem Areas of N.Ireland , Use Euro ! .

Back
Top Bottom