B & B near Bilbao

guitarman

It's about that time of year to remind you of www.casazalama.com

If you need accomodation near Bilbao then this should "suit you sir".

Other GSers have already tried it and given it the :thumb

Check it out.

Cheers

Dick

Thanks for the tip, guitarman-just got back from 2 weeks in Spain finishing with 2 days at the Casa Zalama. It's a beautiful place to stay. Graeme and Mari-Cruz are so welcoming, the accomodation is top class and Mari-Cruz' cooking superb. Lots to see in the area, very pretty country hardly touched by tourism.

I'm pleased you enjoyed it Tony. It really is a fine place for chilling out and also has some very good roads in the area unspoilt by tourism and traffic :D

Cheers

Dick

Near Santander too!

Just returned from a cracking 2 1/2 week ride through France and Spain.

For our last two nights we booked at this Casa Rural and I have to say it is absolutely stunning. With the Ebbro Gorge and some lovely villages just a stone throw away this is a part of Spain which I believe is often overlooked in people's hurry to get to the Picos. I've often passed by it on the main road from Burgos to Santander never realising what lay just off the main track.

The food was excellent, the wines superb and all at unbelievably low prices.

Highly recommended, don't miss it!

I shall certainly return and spend a little more time in this area.

Interestingly enough I hadn't heard about this from the site and was unaware that Graeme is a friend of Guitarman. There was also another GSer and his wife staying there - nice to meet you David and Lynda!

Small world isn't it!

FranceSpain2007396.jpg

FranceSpain2007375.jpg

FranceSpain2007219.jpg

FranceSpain2007218.jpg

FranceSpain2007217.jpg

FranceSpain2007132.jpg

FranceSpain2007128.jpg

FranceSpain2007062.jpg

FranceSpain2007052.jpg

FranceSpain2007040.jpg

FranceSpain2007035.jpg