WRC Rally Ireland vantage points?

davidgibson999

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Planning on seeing a couple of stages of the WRC round north of Enniskillen on Saturday 31st Jan. I don't know the area too well so does anyone have any suggestions on some good viewpoints?

:rolleyes:
Planning on seeing a couple of stages of the WRC round north of Enniskillen on Saturday 31st Jan. I don't know the area too well so does anyone have any suggestions on some good viewpoints?

someone must know some good areas for this

I'd say that you would need to get a Rally Pack first David to see where the stages are then use a good map (OS?) to determine where the best spots might be.

I'd say that you would need to get a Rally Pack first David to see where the stages are then use a good map (OS?) to determine where the best spots might be.

I remember a friendly tosser giving me the OS maps on a disc a couple of years ago :augie
I could do this but I was hoping that a rally fan from the area with a bit of local knowledge might be able to point me towards a good vantage point or two.

Have you checked online for any stage details David?

I haven't heard where the stages are, but will ask my brother if he has any details at all. He is big into the rallying and navigates at local level so might have some info. I just might go out to see some of it myself.

Rally Packs went on sale today David. They will include all the stage maps, running times, access points etc. Details here, bit they don't seem to be available anywhere local to me yet.

Rally Packs went on sale today David. They will include all the stage maps, running times, access points etc. Details here, bit they don't seem to be available anywhere local to me yet.

Thanks
I'd been on the rally ireland site and they only showed a general area on the map where each stage would be but not the specific roads.
I'll have a look at that link you've posted.
David

EDIT: And you can't buy a rally pack anywhere local to me.

The rally will follow exactly the same routes and stages in the tyrone and fermanagh area as it did in 2007. Our local stage is in the Drumquin/Lough Braden/Sloughan Glen area. Last time they had over estimated the 1000's that were going to turn up. I personally watched both of the stages above the first having cars through at 8 am and then again at 2pm. in all seriousness i used to be a huge rally fan but after the first 20 cars the rest was very pedestrian just a lot of rich boys and their toys and all 4wd and no great dramas - sideways action i mean. having said that it was worth it for the top drivers they really do give it all and no slowing for anything esp corners and humpbacks. if you go to drumquin 8 miles outside omagh park wherever and follow the crowd to any of the major corners near the town about 10 mins walk. BRING WELLIES!!!! Good luck and see you there today fortnight!!

Jari-Matti Latvala was testing on Sunday in the Cooley Mountains and wasn't taking it easy. :)

Mandy and I got to have a chat with him too, a very pleasant chap altogether.

IMG_3645.jpg

Henning Solberg is testing there on Monday. Might get a wee run up at lunchtime or just after work if I can get away early enough.

Back
Top Bottom