green lane novice

wideparting

Reaction score
hi im a newbie who wants to try abit of green laneing-off roading,perhaps around the north wales area.do the gsers have anything planned over the next few weeks that might suit me[weekends are best].i ride every weekend but all my riding mates are on road bikers. thanks. j ps.i am a total novice off road.

If you want to learn on something lighter, there is a REME training day down south on the 13th/14th/15th Feb look here

Ady Smith runs a KTM training day and I believe they have locations in North Wales

Also Geraint Jones runs a training session on Yamaha's in North Wales, have a chat with Bonnie, I believe she did a day with him recently.

I know this is a BM site and you'll probably want to do it on a BM, but the reason for suggesting the above is that they have great instructors, you can hire bikes direct from them and not have to worry too much about handing them back broken and its IMHO a great way to start getting to grips with offroad stuff

I took 6 non BM riding mates on a Husky day a few years back they all loved it and at £160ish/person for all kit and bikes it was pretty good value for money, especially as only one (maybe two) bikes got back completely undamaged.

just a thought and I've only really mentioned it as you've posted under the training section ;)

hi im a newbie who wants to try abit of green laneing-off roading,perhaps around the north wales area.do the gsers have anything planned over the next few weeks that might suit me[weekends are best].i ride every weekend but all my riding mates are on road bikers. thanks. j ps.i am a total novice off road.

im more mid wales rhayder dams aberywsth

lots of easy offroad lanes around here to cut you teeth on

let me know if your intreasted.

could proberly arrange something for a sat/sun

look at patches report in the west mid section

WideP, I've just bought a DR350 & I'd be interested in joining you if you find any suitable routes. I'm a total novice too & have bought this DR so I don't trash my GS. The bike's currently undergoing some minor home maintainance as I've only just got it & I want to replace some parts etc. but should be ready soon.

im more mid wales rhayder dams aberywsth

lots of easy offroad lanes around here to cut you teeth on

let me know if your intreasted.

could proberly arrange something for a sat/sun

look at patches report in the west mid section

Aberystwyth, Rhayder dams! :thumb2

12.jpg

11-1.jpg

WideP, I've just bought a DR350 & I'd be interested in joining you if you find any suitable routes. I'm a total novice too & have bought this DR so I don't trash my GS. The bike's currently undergoing some minor home maintainance as I've only just got it & I want to replace some parts etc. but should be ready soon.

hi let me know when your bikes back on the road,perhaps one saturday we could try some easy trails.would also be easier with two,cause ill need someone to give me a hand to pick it up.im bound to drop it. thanks.j

WP, I'm up & running mate. :thumb2

Check out where I went last weekend.

Not too difficult for a novice like me but not too clever ridden on my own.

From The Wirral I topped up my weedy tank in Llangollen, did an afternoon's riding then topped with less than a fiver when I got home.

I need a ride buddy if you're still interested. :beerjug:

I see you live in Neston, I'm just up the road.
I've got a few more smaller trails to check out yet as well.

great give me a ring cant wait.07866073583.this saturday if youre not busy,the trails look good not too hard for a novice like me. jim

....the trails look good not too hard for a novice like me. jim

:rolleyes: I only took photos when I was er, 'resting' mainly at one of the many gates dotted along the trail :augie

I didn't take any photos of the challenging stuff 'cos I was too busy, getting through it.
If the weather's OK I up for doing it again this weekend.
Jim, email me.

bladefires st (at) yahoo (dot) com

:thumb2

LookingBack.jpg

Back
Top Bottom