800GS mirrors

big_nige

Utter crap, will the round type from any of the larger GS's fit?:D

Utter crap, will the round type from any of the larger GS's fit?:D

Mine are great ... di best mirrors on any 'bike I've had :thumb

So there ... :pullface

errr and that's in 43 years of motorcyclin' ;)

:beerjug:

In some of the early photos of the 800 I saw them with round mirrors. Personally I find them to be excellent. I guess it's just people of different size and shape and how they view the mirror. Different strokes for different folks. :rolleyes:

Mine are great ... di best mirrors on any 'bike I've had :thumb

So there ... :pullface

errr and that's in 43 years of motorcyclin' ;)

They are rubbish, better than the Ducati 916 i used to have, but crap. The 1200GS had much better mirriors to me.:hide

Other than being installed upside down we find them great.

Able to see everything clearly thats behind me... what else is required ?!

They are rubbish, better than the Ducati 916 i used to have, but crap. The 1200GS had much better mirriors to me.:hide

I've had the 1200GS ... crap compared to the F800GS (bike and mirrors) :pullface

OK .. I looked at the mirrors when I first saw the 'bike, and thought the mirrors were crap, because of the shape, I would change 'em to round ones when I got my 'bike :thumb

But in reality ... no probs, do the job, excellent :thumb

Just goes to show eh!

So what's your problem with them? The shape? Vibration? Can't see behind ya? Can't see yersen in 'em :eek:

Don't just say they're crap.... give us a reason :pullface

I've had the 1200GS ... crap compared to the F800GS (bike and mirrors) :pullface

OK .. I looked at the mirrors when I first saw the 'bike, and thought the mirrors were crap, because of the shape, I would change 'em to round ones when I got my 'bike :thumb

But in reality ... no probs, do the job, excellent :thumb

Just goes to show eh!

So what's your problem with them? The shape? Vibration? Can't see behind ya? Can't see yersen in 'em :eek:

Don't just say they're crap.... give us a reason :pullface

I find they have a limited field of vision, the need to be a bit convex for a broader spread. Mine are just plain falt & really don't to that good a job.

Just bought these same mirrors to put on my Tiger 1050, really nice. Only thing, I bought them from the Aprilla shop, they come on the Tuono. Bet they were cheaper than BMW would charge also. :)

Wunderlich do some nice mirror mount extenders for those who only see their upper arms in them.

Wunderlich do some nice mirror mount extenders for those who only see their upper arms in them.

Thats might help to be fair, i'm a failry big chap & quite broad across the shoulders. Anyone else fit an onboard camera system to the bike yet?

I love the Akropovic can too, just take the baffle out.

I have some pics of my bike & want to upload, anyone know how to resize on a basic PC?

Hi.
Has anyone used these devices? I'm wondering if they make enough difference to warrant a £59 punt? The one good thing about the 650 mirrors is they don't vibrate (at least at running in speeds), but is this still the case with extenders in place?
I personally find the standard mirror cutaway bottom corners frustrating and would prefer a round mirror as per the 1200. When people say they have fitted 1200 mirrors presumably this refers to changing the whole assembly i.e. mirrors + stalks, as I imagine the original stalks would be too short with a round mirror?
Any photos of a 650 with 1200 mirrors greatly appreciated! Any clearance issues with the touring screen?

Back
Top Bottom