17" enduro tyres, what's available?

millard

Reaction score
I dumped my pogo wheels at the local off road shop yesterday asking for a couple of enduro tyres to be fitted. Went back this morning and he could only get a TKC for the rear saying that was all that was available for a 17" rim. That's what I had before, although it was near bald. I'm looking for something with a more off road bias than that, ie, more space, less knobbles.
I had a search round on the web but there doesn't seem to be much else available.
Can anybody help? any ideas for a better road legal off road 17" tyre than the TKC?
thanks
millard

If you can find one, the Michelin Desert is a great tyre available in 17" however, there seems to be a shortage of them in the UK. There was a place in France that had some in stock and were happy to ship to the UK for a reasonable price. The tyres themselves aren't cheap but they wear well and provide plenty of grip.

633017762100225788DesertRear.jpg

The Mitas C-02 is also available in 17"

c02.jpg

Greg

Greg, that looks better than the MT21. I just got an email back from the company I ordered it from saying it's not in stock, so I think I'll cancell and get one of these instead, cheers.
millard

Hi again, just checked. we can do one for £59.00 plus carriage.Would have to order it in. Any good:nenau

Muz, can you do one of these? Mitas C-02
How long and what price delivered please?
You can PM if you like, cheers
millard

I believe the newer Yamaha Tenere comes with a rear 17" so choice should get better. I fit Karoos to my HP2 but not through choice. The Mitas looks the business but not rated for the HP2's speed:(

I believe the newer Yamaha Tenere comes with a rear 17" so choice should get better. I fit Karoos to my HP2 but not through choice. The Mitas looks the business but not rated for the HP2's speed:(

from now on, the fastest my rutrat will travel is when it's in the back of me Tranny van :D

Back
Top Bottom