Due for MOT

Pyke

My 1150GS is due for 1st MOT in March.

Any of you know a recommend a one nearest to Cardiff?

I know the one in BMW dealer, Rydale but how about others and what the normal charge for MOT?

Pyke
~~~~~~~~
01' R1150GS

I bought a bike from Rydale almost 2 years ago and was surprised to find that the new MOT was not issued by them but Fairwater Garage. On asking friends I was told that they don't do them although this may have changed perhaps "Crampie" can advise. I've since taken the bike myself to Fairwater Garage and found the tester to be quite sensible although you should book as his daytime job is painting and decorating !

I was in the same position a year ago.

I asked Jim in Rydale - he said "we can get it done".

I went into Hein Gericke & asked the posse members lurking where they go. Fairwater garage was recomended so I went there. £15.

The bike tests are only done on a Saturday.
Tel. (029) 2055 3383.
The tester had never seen a GS before. He was in awe of it's presence. I knew the bike was fine as it had been serviced 2 days previously by Rydales. He walked around the bike, checked the lights, after consulting the manual to determine the rules for twin headlamps. Had a chat for 10 mins and he wrote out a certificate. I would imagine he has seen a lot more GSs in the last 12 months so perhaps he will be a bit more thorough.
Map Easy to find, up St Fagans Rd from Western Avenue, turn left when you see a sign for Fairwater police station.

I now live in Roath. I had the cage MOT'd in the cage only City Rd Motors in Bedford St. The chap has a Fireplace. He gets that MOT'd in the place on City Road. BGM Motorcycles, 162 City Rd, Roath. Tel. 029 2040 2800 - I've never been in there so no idea what they are like.

Thanks for your help...

I will give em' a ring to book for appointment..

Cheers

Pyke
:D

Back
Top Bottom