RS/Beemer

steve16

Thought I would put forward my views on RS Motorcycles/Beemer Bikes as alot of negitive feedback has been thrown their way.I have so far had 2 bikes from them both R1150GS's. I exchanged a black R1150GS for the blue/white.Both bikes where great,and any slight problems I may have had were quickly sorted.
My first beemer was a brand new R1100GS from a main dealer and when a front disc became defective they wanted to charge although the bike had only about 2500mls on the clock...!! Of course I declinded their kind offer and argued my case,and as for service costs..........thats another story.
My point is really that if you accept that you are buying an insurance catagory or stolen recovered bike and it may not be as show room condition you can get a fair priced bike at RS. And judging by how many Boys in Blue use them Im sure the bikes are not acquired by dishonest means.
I am happy with the service and much prefer their service costs than those offered at some main dealers ?

Steve

steve16 said:
And judging by how many Boys in Blue use them Im sure the bikes are not acquired by dishonest means.

The plod, who would often see the bikes in their crashed or recovered state have a big advantage over us mere mortals. If they see a bike that is only lightly damaged they can make a note of the bike details, wait for the insurance shenanigans to be sorted and then keep an eye out for the bike on the used market. Of course they are also going to be aware of dogs like bikes recovered from canals that will have a lifetime of annoying electrical faults.

Nothing illegal in it, just a perk of the job.

Plod ??

Must be lucky that I didn't have any fish in my fuel tank then !
As for the Police sitting around checking ads for bikes they may have seen .............no dont think so. Other methods would involve breaching the data protection act so that would also be a no,no I would imagine.

Paragon said:
I've said this before - and have waited to be shouted down

The regular Biking Plod are OK guys - they are Bikers and enthusiastic about Bikes

Remember Road Safety and good, expert, riding should be the aims of all of us.

I would recommend any advanced training, particularly with your local AIM group where guys, including many serving traffic officers, put their time in for free.

Safe and expert riding is enjoyable – don’t be a pillock – set an example and ride to the best of your ability. We can all learn something about riding each day – and anybody who has not passed the IAM driving test should. If any of you have sons who want to get on a Bike you also owe it to them to set an example. (the right kind)

If you need further info – there is plenty on the web – if you cannot find what you are looking for contact me.

Cheers

Para

Err yes Para wise words :confused:

Steve

Great to hear you have nothing but praise for them - all the best - if you trust them, stick with them. :thumb

However, having read about the slippery way they dealt with Geoff (Mr Tickle) when he was investigating a GS they advertised a year or so ago, I wouldn't trust them to inflate the tyres.

Most of his questions were met with, frankly, unbelievable and downright evasive responses. The inescapable conclusion I reached was that they were trying to offload a right dog on our Geoff.

Read this and draw your own conclusion.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...=&threadid=5144

You don't work there by any chance do you ? :D

Back
Top Bottom