ACF-50 - AllYearBiker.co.uk

Don El Eee

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen neil23's group bike clean thread.

For those of you who haven't, neil23 is arranging to host AllYearBiker.co.uk to come clean and ACF-50 bikes. Cost is between £45-55 per bike.

I couldn't get to neil23's, so arranged for a mobile visit to my home. They've just finished and I am very satisfied and would thoroughly recommend them. I've no connection with the company and only discovered them via neil23's thread.

It costs £55 for a GS. The only thing they need is access to water and power. The bike is effectively given a complete valet: pre-washed, washed, rinsed and blown dry before being sprayed with ACF-50. The ACF is then wiped down and all parts given a thorough polish. Aside from the ACF, they use all Autoglym products and the job is done with incredible care and attention. I was told it would take 1-2 hours, but he noticed that I had some pitting on my spoked wheels and spent the best part of an hour cleaning them for me, thereafter he spent another 20 minutes successfully removing a scratch on my tank that I'd given up on a while ago. He arrived at 10.30am and left at 1.45pm.

When booking, I thought £55 was a bit expensive, but given the time and effort that's been put into the job, together with the quality of the outcome, I think it's money well spent. He can't guarantee it, but the ACF should last approximately 12 months. In the interim, he suggests washing the bike down with a garden hose on a regular basis, and then simply running an ACF soaked cloth over the bike to maintain cover.

Right now, the bike is cleaner than when I bought it. No doubt someone will say it's a credit to me.

It's a mobile business: if you live within 60 miles of Darlington, he'll do single bikes at your home; outside that area, he'll only attend hosted events such as neil23's where he does about 8 bikes in a day. Given the quality of the job it may be worth some of the other regions attempting to organise something in their areas.

Tim

Some of you may have seen neil23's group bike clean thread.

For those of you who haven't, neil23 is arranging to host AllYearBiker.co.uk to come clean and ACF-50 bikes. Cost is between £45-55 per bike.

I couldn't get to neil23's, so arranged for a mobile visit to my home. They've just finished and I am very satisfied and would thoroughly recommend them. I've no connection with the company and only discovered them via neil23's thread.

It costs £55 for a GS. The only thing they need is access to water and power. The bike is effectively given a complete valet: pre-washed, washed, rinsed and blown dry before being sprayed with ACF-50. The ACF is then wiped down and all parts given a thorough polish. Aside from the ACF, they use all Autoglym products and the job is done with incredible care and attention. I was told it would take 1-2 hours, but he noticed that I had some pitting on my spoked wheels and spent the best part of an hour cleaning them for me, thereafter he spent another 20 minutes successfully removing a scratch on my tank that I'd given up on a while ago. He arrived at 10.30am and left at 1.45pm.

When booking, I thought £55 was a bit expensive, but given the time and effort that's been put into the job, together with the quality of the outcome, I think it's money well spent. He can't guarantee it, but the ACF should last approximately 12 months. In the interim, he suggests washing the bike down with a garden hose on a regular basis, and then simply running an ACF soaked cloth over the bike to maintain cover.

Right now, the bike is cleaner than when I bought it. No doubt someone will say it's a credit to me.

It's a mobile business: if you live within 60 miles of Darlington, he'll do single bikes at your home; outside that area, he'll only attend hosted events such as neil23's where he does about 8 bikes in a day. Given the quality of the job it may be worth some of the other regions attempting to organise something in their areas.

Tim
lets see a pic then?

if you live within 60 miles of Darlington....

Is he based in Darlo?
Could be tempted to let have a go at mine. Mines covered in ACF50 self applied and it seems to be doing its job so far with the poxy salt infested roads we have at the moment.

EDIT: Just seen this on their web site

If you live within our operating area near Darlington we can make arrangements for you to bring your bike to us.

Other cleaners

I've heard ACF-50 is good but for the GS1200 (5000 miles) and RT1200(30000 miles) I own I have always been careful in cleaning them by this method.

First wash down with Muc-off if very dirty or with car shampoo in bucket of water if not too dirty. Hose off (not pressure wash) and dry off with old towel. Then a quick run up the road to clean off the discs - modern discs are stainless steel with syntered pads containing another metal base so will leave rust marks on discs if not dry).

The spray all around with Muc-off "Bike Spray" which contains PTFE and disperses any moisture and leaves a non-sticky film everywhere, helping prevent dirt from building up.

I use each bike alternately although the GS is still under warranty and will get more use until the warranty runs out.

I keep all exhausts clean with "Wonder Wheels" or "Optiglanz" for use on Stainless Steel exhaustsd only. (There is a product for chrome exhausts).
The RT1200 still looks new!

See pics below.

Attachments

• R1200RT LH 260307 A.JPG
    R1200RT LH 260307 A.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 642
  • R1200RT high 3 090208.JPG
    R1200RT high 3 090208.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 662
  • GS with full luggage side  11.2.09.jpg
    GS with full luggage side 11.2.09.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 658
Your just a crazy bar steward!

And I want to cut you deep.:reaper

I've heard ACF-50 is good but for the GS1200 (5000 miles) and RT1200(30000 miles) I own I have always been careful in cleaning them by this method.

First wash down with Muc-off if very dirty or with car shampoo in bucket of water if not too dirty. Hose off (not pressure wash) and dry off with old towel. Then a quick run up the road to clean off the discs - modern discs are stainless steel with syntered pads containing another metal base so will leave rust marks on discs if not dry).

The spray all around with Muc-off "Bike Spray" which contains PTFE and disperses any moisture and leaves a non-sticky film everywhere, helping prevent dirt from building up.

I use each bike alternately although the GS is still under warranty and will get more use until the warranty runs out.

I keep all exhausts clean with "Wonder Wheels" or "Optiglanz" for use on Stainless Steel exhaustsd only. (There is a product for chrome exhausts).
The RT1200 still looks new!

See pics below.

That block paved driveway, gravelled front garden, those windows, glass and frames, borders, hanging baskets, dwarf wall, all are a credit to you - I'd get on to the council though about the curtilage to your property - looking proper shabby that is :nono

Back
Top Bottom