daytona

I don't think there will be many GS's there although half the list seem to be closet Harley owners. I went a few years back (96), and it absolutely threw it down with rain most of the time. (It was the first time the racing had ever been cancelled at bike week due to the rain.

If anyone does go don't expect to walk between events because half of them are about 35 miles apart... Nice pork barbeques though and plenty of live bands. It is sole destroying to go without a bike.

have fun

Andy

yes it is harley oriented but there is always a strong bmw contingent. bmwmoa has a bmw campground, usually at bulow. the gs ride is held at ocala national forrest, lots of black water swamp. don't try this without knobbies. florida roads tend to be flat and straight(boreing) however there are plenty of cool things to see and do. jimmy lewis led the last gs ride. i remember '96it did indeed piss down rain. that time of year the weather can be very iffy in florida. i have seen it 30 degrees, 90 degrees and all points in between. yes it is spread over a 50 mile radius, with 600,000+ attendees it has to be. usually a good time is had by all but i gotta admit it would suck to be there without a bike.

Back
Top Bottom