Free tickets for bike show?

w00kie

Reaction score
I remember at the last show, many of the dealers were giving away tickets. I'm not sure if it's happening this time.

Anyway, if anyone has free tickets to the show that are spare, maybe they could post them here...

Planing to head along there on Sunday afternoon.. Anyone else going?

I remember at the last show, many of the dealers were giving away tickets. I'm not sure if it's happening this time.

Anyway, if anyone has free tickets to the show that are spare, maybe they could post them here...

Heading to the show today.... neighbour gave be a free ticket that admits two.......... not really sure why I'm going as my bank manager has stapled my wallet closed. If I get any free tickets I'll pm you.

Cheers Brian:thumb2

Wasn't able to get any either :(

Probably going tomorrow afternoon. But don't tell Mrs Og :augie

Seems to be a very negative vibe surrounding this years show. Go and have a look i say,its the cost of three pints to get in,it only happens every two years,and if its not supported it wont happen again,and folks will be moanin about that.im going,to dream ,if nothing else and oogle the scantily clad birds,and dream some more:)

Went at 2pm today. Everyone had free passes. Lots of passes available. A few bits of "Totty" :augie. BMW stand ... what you expect. They had no prices on display as new price plan coming in ;). Honda bikes and prices displayed a new pan for €15k ! My own view... not worth paying €15 in. Worst stand.......... Nirvana head shop, selling all sorts of synthetic poppers and happy pills.

thinking of going to to see what crossans brought down.

Although up to Mototech in two weeks to get the bike serviced so might stop by then

going up Sunday with few others, :clap should be supported :rob you would spend it in the pub and think nothing of it :beer:

Just back.......

I'd agree that there is a fair bit of tat at these (and all other !) shows, and the range from car boot sale type stands to the very polished BMW, Ducati,Honda, KTM etc stands is stark, to say the least. That said, it IS worth going and paying your €15 to 'support' it - as others have said, it will cease exist if its not supported, surely?

The BM stand was resplendent with nice bikes incl. K13s, GSA, all the 800's HP2 Sport etc etc and Si-Pi was on hand for a chat. On the Duc stand the Desmosedici was eh, nice, and the 848, 1098 and 1198 likewise..........dream machines. The KTM stand was at least up to the standard of the Beemers and some of those bikes are niccceeeeee! The 990 Adventure and (touring) 990 SMC particularly so.........also interesting commuter bikes and some green energy leccy bikes on other stands and Og was doing his bit for MAG:thumb, so go.........make you own mind up. There were a number of displays outdoors.

Most interesting was a stand from Celtic Triumph in Naas........they are offering fixed priced (significantly cheaper than I was quoted by the dealers) servicing for various bikes including the BMW R, F and K series. Stewart Dicker indicated that they have full BMW diagnostic kits and special tools and warranties are apparently uneffected if they service a bike. (Not sure how all that works - never having bought a new bike.....). Its an operation that has grown from the still-born BMW Hypercycle operation that was to start last year in the same premises in Naas. So....a reasonable cost independent servicing agent at last, it seems. Time will tell.....they also provide and fit tyres: tourances €229 supplied & fitted (not sure how this measures up price-wise...). Anyway, time to go .....this is sounding like an ad...

Vireo

Have 4 tickets, am in Dundrum area until lunchtime, then city centre ish for rugby and pints. PM for contact details.

The stunt bike show was very impressive, Matty someone or other. Fuel girls? Well you would have to, plus it's beside the bar. Also a nice man selling helicopter lessons. (Is that an ad?)

Worth going to

I went along last night (and ended up buying my own fecking ticket). I even brought a chain in for my bike just-in-case as I heard it was popular with bike thiefs. I also had a good covering of muck on it which was probably just as effective as the chain.

Anyway, there was plenty to see there, including the obligatory magic visor cleaners and custom earplug stands. There weren't a lot of deals to be had, although I did manage to haggle 12 euro off the price of a puncture repair kit from cottors.

Back
Top Bottom