Plastic needed

RichieS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not strictly engineering, but i want to stiffen the sides of my tailpack by putting said stiff (but flexible) plastic inside.
Need to be about 12" x 36"
Anyone got any ideas?

What about Rymans the stationary shop,i was in my local one a couple of days ago,they do loads of different size plastic folders and sleeves.You might find something to fit the bill there!:Motomartin

What about that stuff they use for house for sale boards ? must be some on a grass verge nearby :thumb

I'd get down to the local screen printers / sign maker. Ask them if you can have a look at the display board or PVC sheeting they use. 2MM pvc sheets only cost a couple of quid, and very easy to work with.

Or my favourite the old recycled waste. Pop down to your local tip and have a look in the hard plastics skip. I do it all the time, go green and recycle or may be I'm just a skip raider. :blast

Ian

I'd get down to the local sign maker.

Agreed.
Lexan, Makrolon or similar polycarbonate sheeting is what your after and a signmaker will have plenty of offcuts behind their guillotine.
A small donation into the tea kitty (plus a packet of biscuits) usually obtains you some pieces.

Timpo.

If you find it a struggle to get 'owt, give me a call.

i have 2,4,5 & 10mm PVC sheet 'Foamex'
2mm HIPS
or Correx( estate agents board)

Back
Top Bottom