More gum-flappin' from The Doctor

THE DOCTOR

Reaction score
Re: DR350

Are there any suppliers in the UK that sell frame protectors? I've seen them fitted to DRs over on the ADV Rider site.
My DR's had a hard life & this afternoon I addressed the problem of a rather rusty frame by stripping the rear end & painting the frame with Hammerite. I'd like to fit some frame protectors to prevent further rubbing.

1stday01.jpg

Frame Protectors...

IMG_0149.jpg

DR3501.jpg

this any good?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-DRZ400-DRZ-400-CARBON-FIBRE-EFF-FRAME-GUARDS_W0QQitemZ390032106476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item390032106476&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

This was never going to be a 'show bike' but it's looking better than when I first picked it up.
Still looking for frame protectors.

FramePaint2.jpg

FramePaint1.jpg

BUMP

8 weeks later & I'm still looking for DR350 frame protectors.
I had a rather unpleasant experience with RW Racing when I ordered a set & then got no items or replies from them. I've only just got my money back after opening an PayPal dispute.

So, if anyone knows of any company that sells frame protectors for a DR350 please drop me a line.

Failing that, zip-tie some split hose to the frame, or find one that's near enough and modify it. I suspect that the 350 is past the age when the aftermarket suppliers are interested.
Mark

I've seen some made from chequer plate and polished up (Solvol) then mounted with double sided tape. Don't know the time involved but suspect were done during working hours. They looked good to me but WTF do I know?

Back
Top Bottom