Statistic must be low in Larne!

DrFarkoff

Grumpy Ole Git!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Obviously the station commander is feeling the heat and the statistics are low!
So he's despatched the boys to go issue some tickets to keep the figures right!

Some of you'll know the road but I'll describe it for those non locals that don't

You leave the village of Glynn "Satellite Zoom picture linky with Red circle thingy of where the gents of the PSNI "police" the empty road! Here!" on the shore heading for Larne, You then reach the stupidest traffic light in the world controlling traffic to a single lane over a bridge!

Immediately after that You come to a pretty straight bit of road with good sightlines it's only inhabitant is approx 150 yards on the landward side of the road close to the bridge (between the railway line and the main road)

Now the Point of my Rant is What the Fcuk are 2 PSNI officers hiding out of sight tying up a car and wastin their time zapping people with a laser or a radar gun an almost deserted section of road that has only one inhabitant (in the past the yards either side were for used for coal storage and handling and were used daily but now empty) , I would be fairly sure that if the tickets were checked a majority would all be doing close to 40 mph????? Say plus or minus 5mph

What fcuks me off totally Half a mile further back there's the village of Glynn with a High population of Elderly folks and a Primary school and a very dangerous set of bends and narrowing of the road thru the houses with bad sightlines, But they won't catch so many motorists and cyclists there so why set up??

The Answer My Friends Is Easy figures and corruption of the data so that they all look better!
SO! .......Hiding in a parking area and not wearing High visibilty jackets and handing out X tickets per hour is much easier than Actually detecting Drugs or catching Burglars or wee scrotes that stab people!

Rant Over ! Fer Feck Sake someone shoot the accountants (Figure of speech Don't really shoot them!) and Bring Common Sense back into our government and official bodies!! If you want speed traps then make them for protection of the public NOT Just to massage the figures!

A bit more sense in where the speed traps are set would go a long way to building public relations in an already tense situation where folks are getting Killed!

Did you by any chance get 3 points and donate £60 Jay? :comfort
No MAte I didn't as I know that that is a favourite "Brown nose points gathering location" and I tend to drive sensibly in any sort of urban area especially the wee village just before it

But it gets my Blood Boiling that they are there, when there's wee uns, an mammies and pensioners less than half a mile away in a more dangerous location that they never "Police"?

Common Sense has left the Nation!

Jay

I share your view but they have been sitting around that location for years! Many a time even before the mad traffic light:eek: I have been sapped, but I always slow down just before the bridge.

I have seen many persons fallow foul of the trap!

Locals normally slow down, as once the boys in blue / yellow!! are set up the jungle drums! warn of their position.

I recently found the DVA traffic cameras set up to catch Tax dodgers as they say "yea cannie win in this wee country":aidan

Back
Top Bottom