zzrman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well the HP2 Sport was delivered yesterday so the order of events was:

1. Fit the tank bag

2. Take some photos.

3. Get into my leathers

4. Hit the road

My mate Kyle had taken delivery of his new GSXR 1000 the previous day and he came up and joined me for the ride.

First pics at home:

IMGP1747.jpg

IMGP1748.jpg

IMGP1749.jpg

Kyle's bike:

IMGP1744.jpg

With him on it:

IMGP1743.jpg

We headed off over Clee Hill to Bala via Craven Arms, Welshpool, Llanfyllin, Llangynog and over the top of the Berwyns to Bala. On the top, above Llangynog we stopped for some photos:

IMGP1750.jpg

IMGP1751.jpg

You have to admit - those are two f**k off bikes

IMGP1753.jpg

IMGP1756.jpg

We stopped at exactly the same place we had 3 years ago when we had taken delivery of my BMW K1200S and Kyle's Suzuki SV 1000:

BMWenroutetoBala18May2006006.jpg

Having stopped in Bala for a cup of tea we swapped bikes and headed South West and then South on the A494/A470 to Mallwyd.

Our first impressions of each others bike were that we had both got great bikes for the forthcoming BBOT trip to the Dolomites. The HP2 is vibey but the handling is brilliant and although the bike doesn't feel massively powerful the engine is very torquey and you make rapid progress as the Police would describe it. The Suzuki feels like you have a turbine linked to your right hand. It doesn't turn in as quick - probably the gyroscopic effect of having a transverse mounted in line four but you get plenty of feedback from the suspension. It's also very comfortable - you sit in the bike rather than on it. It was considerably more comfortable than the '08 Fireblade I rode last October. I could cheerfully take the GSXR on a long tour.

From the refuel at Mallwyd we stayed on the A470 through Cemmaes Road, Carno, Caersws, Llanidloes and Llangurig to Rhyader for the second tea stop. From there it was back along the A44/ A488 through Knighton, Leintwardine, Ludlow by pass, Cleobury Mortimer to home and then the pub. About 210 miles and an absolutely top biking day - we agreed it definitely ranked up there as one of out top 3 or 4 rides ever.

This Sunday we shall continue the running in process

Congrats mate and they simply do look awesome to say the least. Would love on in the garage but will be hard getting the HP2E unstuck from my buttocks at this point :D

Congrats. Lovely Pics - Those roads look nice; any chance of some action shots later on?
This might help the vibes - Mine is vibey around 100mph in top but smooth below 90mph. If you find the suspension a bit hard at the rear (when you have the sag right) - try backing it off half a turn makes an incredible difference (IMO). Oh and check the dealer put the correct air pressure in the tyres, that makes a hell of a difference to how the vibes feel or it certainly does on mine. {2.2 & 2.5 - NOT 2.5 & 2.9 like they put in most beemers at a PDI/Service}:Motomartin

superb bikes and pics

would be interested to see a threesome with the new bmw ss100rrr or whatever it is called.

Both nice bikes but your taste in bikes is much betters than your friends

AWSOME:cool::cool::cool: yours has the edge on the gixer though :thumb both nice bikes

Both fekin smart:thumb will you just use throwovers for your trip,i presume.

Back
Top Bottom