Advice sought - LC4E?

DollyRocket

Reaction score
I have been trail riding regularly over the last couple of years, firstly on the GS, then more recently on a DRZ400S. I am now looking to mosey over to the orange side as I want something a bit bigger than the DRZ for long distance trails (and for linking up the more further afield ones) but not as big as the 1150GS as it is a real bugger to pick up when off-road.

I have been looking for the LC4 enduro version as it has a big enough engine to make the link ups less of a chore yet still nimble enough to plod around down the byways. I don't really want a bike that requires extensive maintenance every 10 hrs (so that rules out some of the more competition style KTM's) but is still reliable enough to use as a second bike if necessary.

So my real question is - Am I nuts? Is this the right bike to look for?

In a word - YES :)

I bought an LC4 Enduro last summer as my GS11 with 41 lt tank was abit of a handfull offroad. Very pleased with LC4. Used it on Salsibury plain a few times and for a weeks offroading in Spain in Oct. Good balance between GS and a pogo. I've also got a KTM 300EXC that I use for enduro events but that is too hard core for gentle trail riding.

I think you will be happy with an LC4E, they are excellent bikes.:)

It was with some reluctance that I got a KTM, partly down to the orange factor but you can see how I got around that with mine.
I think it's a great bike, does all you ask of it.

Attachments

• IMGP3955 (Small).JPG
    IMGP3955 (Small).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 83
I have a 640 Adventure, looks like a big bike, but is very capable off road, and not too painful on. Yes, it has a 25 litre tank, but you don't have to fill it. :D

398524605_J4bao-M.jpg

388895067_eVKBr-M.jpg

If you follow this link it will show what a good few of them got up to last weekend :

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445283

HTH
Mark

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom