Another X Challenge in the North West

Dwaine Dibbley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought i would let you know that there is another X Challenge owner in the N/West (Warrington).

I bought it a couple of weeks ago from Karlp on this forum. Pretty chuffed with it at the moment, although i have hardly ridden it due to other pressures.

I have been a member of this forum for years and years, although i hardly ever post, i usually visit every day.

I have still got my 1150GS which i have had from new since year 2000, i will be keeping it for a long, long time, i like it too much.

I have also got a Laverda 1200, used to have a Jota, but prefer this 1200.

The X Challenge i have bought to replace a KTM 400exc which i just couldn't gel with for some reason, and before that i had a Honda CRM250, which i had for a long time (great bikes).

Might see you out and about sometime, or if anyone is thinking of going out for a potter about down the lanes in the Peak District or N/Wales, i am usually about during the week, i normally work at weekends.

Cheers.

Hi dwain, congrats on the x trail. I also have one, and funnily enough, a laverda jota, which i've had since 79! I cant say that i use it much nowadays; only on the best of dry days. The Gs1200 is too easy the rest of the time.
Pity we're at opposite ends of the country! Anyway, enjoy them all.

all the best.

Hi to another Laverda owner, the Jota i had was an early one from 77, a silver one with a black frame. I sold it about 4 years ago, and then bought this 1200, its a 1978 one, a minter, i rode it to Holland a couple of years ago to the opening of Cor Dees Laverda museum, and was lucky enough to meet Piero Laverda, and got him to sign my bike (bit sad i know) but i think its cool.

Anyway enough about that, its getting like a subsection of the ILOC on here.

I have just put a 13 tooth sprocket on the front of the X Challenge, not tried it yet though, hope its not going to be too revvy, if it is i will try a 14 tooth one, they are not too expensive from Wemoto.

well well. I never heard of the dutch museum. I certainly would have gone had I known. I bought my bike in Holland! I did visit the factory though, in 1980 I think. A sort of pilgrimage! I remember they were balancing the cranks by hand! happy days. blah blah blah

The x-challenge I thought I'd use on the moors here, but at the time all these stories stared appearing about police confiscating bikes etc. and it put me off somewhat. I dare say theres an organised group somewhere, but I havent come across them. I just enjoy using it for short rides round here+ I.ve got a couple of fields.

Back
Top Bottom