GlobeRiders BMW R1200GS Adventure Touring Instructional DVD

WorkyTicket

Reaction score
Hi folk
Has anyone got this? Can they recommend it? I'm looking for something in the way of a manual that'll help me to do all the basic servicing jobs (oil and filter change, check all 4 sparks, valve adjustment, brake pad and fluid replacement on ABS diengageable brakes etc) can anyone point me in the right direction please?:nenau

I'd like the best bang for my buck ideally.:beerjug:

Tim................you'd better hurry and get your DVD ordered today

Perhaps you'll not cope without its hints and tips for your forthcoming trip to Mongolia:augie

It's in the post, when there's a problem I'll get the laptop out, pop the DVD in and all's well:D

You want advise on advise?:blast
Did you mean advice on advice? :eek::comfort
If you are going to extract the urine dear boy at least ensure you are using the words correctly.

And yes (see the reckless use of the word "And" at the start of a sentence there?) please, could someone advise me (or give me some advice) on the quality of the advice in the DVD? Or a better DVD / Book if you know of one?:thumb

If you are going to extract the urine dear boy at least ensure you are using the words correctly.

And yes (see the reckless use of the word "And" at the start of a sentence there?) please, could someone advise me (or give me some advice) on the quality of the advice in the DVD? Or a better DVD / Book if you know of one?:thumb

You are obviously a man of selective qualities:bow

just think of it as a fee bump for your thread:D doh:blast i didn't start this sentence with a capital;

I would imagine the usefulnes of content in the DVD rather depends on your knowledge starting point.:augie

Should "Book" not be "book"? :comfort

You are obviously a man of selective qualities:bow

just think of it as a fee bump for your thread:D doh:blast i didn't start this sentence with a capital;

I would imagine the usefulnes of content in the DVD rather depends on your knowledge starting point.:augie
:D Thank you Timolgra, free bump appreciated and to be honest my use of the English is really poor at times, so I've got no room to talk:augie.

My knowledge is not too bad (rebuilt the front end of my Bandit6 after an off knackered the forks, yolks and spindle) (Also have done lots of odds and ends with the VFR) for some reason the idea of adjusting the valves scares me a little even though I expect that it's a pretty straight forward job (grinding paste scares me for some reason) :eek.

Should "Book" not be "book"? :comfort
:thumbgood work on spotting the deliberate mistake there AC1200 :augie
:D:D:D:rolleyes:

I've got it but keep falling asleep after watching it for 10 minutes. From what I've seen so far it's basic and plugging Touratech stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'd expected some more depth. Maybe that's a bit further into the DVD. I'll use the fast forward tonight so I can provide some proper feedback instead of :blagblah :blagblah

Note to self, must stay awake when watching after a few :beer:

Its covers very basic stuff like filter changes, wheel removal, puncture repair, changing brake pads etc

Its all stuff you could realistically do 'in the field' so to speak

There's also input on useful equipment and touring tips

I found it informative but then again I'm no mechanic

If your level of knowledge already encompasses basic motorcycle service skills I wouldn't bother

There's also a large section on some sad bloke who's made a GS sidecar outfit and fitted every extra known to man to it which is totally pointless IMHO on a DVD of this sort

BMW DVD player? OK,this special Car DVD Player Navigation System With HD LCD Monitor For BMW 5 Series 7 Series X5 Series ( E39 ):ChrisKelly

For more: http://www.espow.com/wholesale-special-car-dvd-player-navigation-system-with-hd-lcd-monitor-for-bmw-5-series-7-series-x5-series-e39.html

Back
Top Bottom