G450X sump guard - Guard-it Technologies from Adventure-spec.

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having been really worried of late hearing large stones erroding the plastic sump shield away from the underside of my 450, I decided to take the plunge and fit an alloy unit.
Adventure-spec make some nice kit for the 800GS via Guard-it Tencnologies, so I gave them a call about such an item to fit my 450.
They said they had a sumpguard in development and would be available mid-March, so I held on a couple of weeks.
Sure enough, Chris from Adventure-spec turned up at the March Moon Rally with the item for me, still warm from the jig (the sumpguard not Chris, he can't dance!:D).
It had to go on there and then, as it ain't very often I buy bling, and RickA was present.......:comfort

Timpo.

P3210105.jpg

P3210106.jpg

P3210099.jpg

P3210100.jpg

Looks superb - I am going to order one up.I have also been a bit worried aboout how vunerable the starter unit is.How much was the bling?

Cheers

Jay B

That looks a nice piece of kit, I have had a look on their website but I couldnt find them listed.

Any ideas as to the price of them ??

Glad you're happy with it Timpo!

Thats the first of the production spec ones.
We've got a batch on the go and should have them ready in about a week. I'll be posting the guard on the site next week when i have an exact ETA.
They'll be £115 inc VAT

We're really happy with them, its a great product (but i would say that:augie)

chris

I have also been a bit worried aboout how vunerable the starter unit is.

Jay, I had the same concerns about the starter.
I am now going to add so void foam between the bashplate and engine. Two reasons, to baffle noise from the engine to rider, and to keep the ingress of mud a stones out. The foam is available from all good moto-x shops.

Timpo.

Let m know when you have themin stock, I might just invest in one of them.... Are you negotiable on price ??

I could get it collected from you as I have a mate in Leeds

could you do one for the xchallenge please. I'll have one asap, thanks

Timpo,
Dont know if you can help but as yet the guard has not been put on the web site,Chris has not responded to a PM and no one has responded to an e mail at Adventure spec.If you could give your contact a push it would be appreciated - ready to order !!

Thanks

Jay B

If we buy 2 can we get 1 free, as Brompton92 seems to be reluctant to part with his cash :)

Timpo,
Dont know if you can help but as yet the guard has not been put on the web site,Chris has not responded to a PM and no one has responded to an e mail at Adventure spec.If you could give your contact a push it would be appreciated - ready to order !!

Thanks

Jay B

I'll call Wonky tomorrow.... my phone battery has just gone flat....:blast

Timpo.

Timpo
I am away for a few days so will follow up when I get back - dont want to have moaned out lack of response then not reply myself !!

cheers

Jay B

If we buy 2 can we get 1 free, as Brompton92 seems to be reluctant to part with his cash :)

I aren't reluctent to part with my cash... I am in 2 minds whether to stick it on ebay and bugger off back to a 450 EXCR :eek:

are you fed up with it then - why?
I am only now starting to get on with mine after 25hours and 570miles and had similar thoughts.
Jay B

are you fed up with it then - why?
I am only now starting to get on with mine after 25hours and 570miles and had similar thoughts.
Jay B

Are you having similar thoughts or did you have similar thoughts before the 25 hrs.

I expected it to deliver the same sort of power as my 08 450excr, it doesn't but thats not to say it isnt quick upto 70, I think it is a totally different type of power delivery and that has thrown me a little.

I do like the bike but before I bought it I nearly bought another KTM and thats whats in the back of my mind.

perhaps you should take the bike as it is, it is obviously going to be different from your old bike. The power delivery will be different, sometimes too much power can make things worse. Anyway you pays your money and takes your choice. I would give it a bit of time though before you rush into swapping it.

the power liniair smooth and prdicible.
exc is like a bomb, its there suddenly but less contrlled (my opion)

if you want drag race the exc wil win if you want contrlled power technical terrain bmw wins. (although David knight says that on WEC speed the bike is difficult and probely a different frame is made for the PRO's.

BEcause the power is liniair its not as easy to lift the front wheel.
I need to move more with my bodyweight to lift the front.
I had to get used to the bike for 10-15 hours .

But i am in love with it.

Back
Top Bottom