Confirmed List: Stage 1 - Deposit

Magnum

Reaction score
Now we have passed the deadline for those who'd like to come on the trip to say so, we have no less than 18 people on 15 bikes as confirmed attendees :thumb2

Just in case you forget who you are, here is the list :-

Magnum
Arsey
2 wheel humvee
BM Bandit
Norm
loftyboy
SPAINSKYWALKER + Mrs
Bigdave
Joybringer
redpadraig + Mrs
cookie + Mrs
Rivendell
charleyfarley
bbbvito
leel600

So what do we do next? The two most important aspects of the trip are the Route and Accommodation.

The Route - I suggest we use my route from last year as a basis for discussion (which we've already started to do). There are a number of things I would change based on local knowledge and travelling experience gained in the last year, which I believe would make the trip even more enjoyable than it was last year. We have 8 days of riding and my job is to suggest to the group a route that has great roads and scenery the majority of the time. That's actually quite tricky when you start and finish in the same place (Vevey) and have huge mountains to navigate around, but it can be done with careful planning. Once we as a group have decided on the route then we can move on to the next stage.

Accommodation - There will 7 overnight stops plus the day before and last night in Vevey. Again, based on my experience of last year and additional knowledge gained since I will suggest suitable locations for stopovers. When agreed I will then make enquiries with hotels and do my best to find a choice of accommodation - value and luxury - for each destination, which will be proposed to the group. In some of the more remote places there may not be a choice. Each member of the group will then decide which type of accommodation they would prefer and I will make the bookings. This includes taking care of all the accommodation requirements in Vevey for the night before and the last night of the trip.

Next Step - In order to book accommodation I will have to give a credit card number as security. I'm prepared to use my own card to do so but I will need a small deposit from each of you. Having mulled this over for a few weeks I'd be happy with 200 Swiss Francs per bike which is around £120. When everyone has chosen their accommodation they can pay as they go with the last night or two paid for from the deposit kitty. The most efficient way for you to get 200 CHF to me without paying bank charges is to buy the cash from your local bank/post office and send it by Royal Mail Airsure to my home address. Airsure costs £4.20 + Air Mail postage so should be less than a fiver to Switzerland. The Airsure service is fully insured up to £500.

Contact Details - If each of you sends me a PM with the best email address to contact you, I will reply via email with my home address and phone numbers and request you do the same. That way we all know who we are which should help everyone feel more comfortable about this process.

Anyone who's deposit hasn't been received by Tuesday 21st April 2009 will be deemed to have decide not to participate in the trip.

I hope this meets with the group's approval and look forward to your PM :)

Just to clairify things. Please send me a PM with your email address and name. I'll then mail you all my contact details. You can then reply by email with the same. I'm saving all the Alps emails in a special folder. Thanks :thumb2

i have no idea of my shift plan as yet for sept if im off, ill pop down for a day or two and tag along if thats alright? ill sort my accom as required.

Pm'd.

Sorry for bit of delay - been out for a ride...

...after fitting new rear brakes pads after my useless Dealer contaminated them with chain lube. AND they only sprayed one side of the chain.

Cowboys.

Yoy

What's a chain? ;) :D

Got your email mate :thumb2

7 of you have made contact so far plus myself which leaves 7 bikes left.

Just been to Italy via the Simplon Pass and the conditions were lovely. Here's a pic I took there yesterday at 2005m altitude.

Attachments

• IMG_0240r.jpg
    IMG_0240r.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 131
What's a chain? ;) :D

Got your email mate :thumb2

7 of you have made contact so far plus myself which leaves 7 bikes left.

Just been to Italy via the Simplon Pass and the conditions were lovely. Here's a pic I took there yesterday at 2005m altitude.

A chain? That's what grown-up bikes have. :green gri:D

That looks feckin lovely. That taken with the G10?

Stop it, or I'll want to go now!:drool

Yoy

Yep, taken with the G10. Great bit of kit :)

Conditions were good over the pass. Lots of snow around as you can see but roads clear with the usual wet patches from melt. Temperature at 2005m at 2pm yesterday was 8C and 2C at 10.30am today. Still a chance of a few icy patches during the night or at crack of dawn. We should be fine in September :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom