Morroco in September anyone?

Steve the Kiwi

Reaction score
the Netherlands...Hiding behind the dykes...
I can't make the Easter Dash so I'm looking at heading down in September.

The "usual" loop is what i have in mind, 10-12 days including down there and back ( France, Spain). I was thinking Hotels mostly with a night or two of camping thrown in for the crack. No firm planning down so open to ideas and Dates).

How's keen?

Hi

Im heading off to Morroc on a similar sounding trip but leaving the UK on the 03 October 2009. You still going in Septemer?

Gareth

could be a goer..

hi steve,

I have been down through Spain to Morroco in April 07 and would fancy a return trip do you have any firm dates in mind?

All the best,

Adam

(if you fancy seeing some pice of the trip to wet your appitite let me know, they are on my facebook)

I'm looking at going after Ramadan which after looking at the dates that starts 21st August - finishing 19th September. So aim to arrive just after that. nothing fixed so if you guys have specific dates in mind ie nurberg 3 oct I'm moveable.
Though after looking at some of the piccies from the Dash i wonder if it would worth it to wait until April next year to catch everything coming out in green. whats your thoughts?

Was thinking of a trip there in September after Ramadan myself. I'll keep my eye on this thread to see what dates are chosen, and then figure out if I can make it...:thumb

i am still eager to get down there, and would aim to arrive just after ramadan if am going...

Due to SWMBO pressing on about a house purchase i need to save the milk money so Moccoco in September is off for me:tears

Hopefully April will be on but will have to wait and see.

not all bad though..heading down to the Black Forest this weekend:bounce1

Good luck to those heading down!

Hope all goes well with your house and milk purchase . . . . . and have fun in the Black Forest.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else is heading south in early October.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else is heading south in early October.

Moto-Morocco have spaces on our November trip:thumb2

The trailer is full, but you would be very welcome to join us at the start of the tour near Malaga...Have a look at the ride reports and I hope you'll see that we should be able to offer you a bloody good trip, and although it's not doing it totally independently, that means you don;t have to have luggage on board when you're off-road and you're with people who know the place thoroughly (as well as being able to provide total support if it goes tits up :blast)
Have a damn good trip whatever you end up doing :thumb2

I'm goig to morrocco around august 22rd for aboot 10 days..
Qs is what time does ramadanadingdong start and finnish.. i have bloody slipped up there..:nenau

I'm goig to morrocco around august 22rd for aboot 10 days..
Qs is what time does ramadanadingdong start and finnish.. i have bloody slipped up there..:nenau

Ramadan is August 22 - September 21 this year.

Don't worry though.....apart from locals rushing to get home, grumpy officials who can't smoke during the day and people dribbling as they watch you eat during the daytime, it won't make much difference to you.

Shops are open, food is still sold in hotels and cafes and you can still get alcohol.

You may find slightly different opening hours in shops and banks, and it's polite not to smoke in public during Ramadan, but otherwise, minimal probs......

Immediately after Ramadan, it's the festival of Ede which lasts for three days, and you're more likely to find things are closed then than you are during Ramadan itself, but you'll still always be able to cope with the basics (Morocco, like most other Muslim countries has a very flexible morality when it comes to making money)

Shag, don't worry unduly about Ramadan.....It won't have enough effect on your trip to justify changing anything (TBH I don't even look at the dates when planning for the next year's trips......the impact isn't significant)

The only time it's really buggered me was when I arrived at Cueta two minutes after the siren went on the last day of Ramadan two years ago, towing a trailer full of bikes......It cost me a lot of grovelling and a 50euro note to get out that night.....I would have been there for several hours otherwise:blast

In some ways, it's actually a really good time to visit....it's less crowded, hotels often have reductions and the roads are quieter as well.

:comfort

Hope all goes well with your house and milk purchase . . . . . and have fun in the Black Forest.

Me and a mate are landing at Santander on 5th October... 2-days to get to Algeciras or Tarifa, and then 2-weeks in Morocco.
No fixed plans as yet... I went with Bill (Moto-Morocco) last year and had a great time, so I'm looking to repeat the best trails we did... and complete a few we didn't... one especially, "The Valley of Death". I must lay the ghost :eek:
We're just going to stop at hotels etc. they're cheap enough, and you don't have to carry camping gear.
Be good to have some company :thumb

Me and a mate are landing at Santander on 5th October... 2-days to get to Algeciras or Tarifa, and then 2-weeks in Morocco.
No fixed plans as yet... I went with Bill (Moto-Morocco) last year and had a great time, so I'm looking to repeat the best trails we did... and complete a few we didn't... one especially, "The Valley of Death". I must lay the ghost :eek:
We're just going to stop at hotels etc. they're cheap enough, and you don't have to carry camping gear.
Be good to have some company :thumb

:blast Remind me to send you the tracklog ....I don't think I have yet....sorry!! :(

And keep reminding me until I do.....lots of things going on at the moment :blush

Could be up for this, will have to have a word with the missus.......:augie

I be down there around 25th august if you going or sijohnson, be nice to meet up.
We are riding down through france and spain taking a couple of chill out days to get down there.The more the merrier.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom