X-challenge cost of first service

The White Rabbit

Reaction score
I can't remember what the deal was with the first service on my pre-reg X-Challenge , so in order that I am prepared to avoid getting stuffed up, bamboozled and otherwise having my pants pulled down anyone had it done recently, what was the deal and how much?

I remember at one time it was pay for parts only but I have a feeling that changed.

Any yeah, yeah, of course I should have got in in writing , but I can only strive for perfection (for example by posting in the wrong forum :p)

If its the 1000km service that you are talking about, it only cost me around 80 euros here in France, I asked if it was free for the first service, the guy gave me a wry smile, gallic shrug of the shoulders which I took to mean feck off and sent me on me way!

When I was shopping around to get an X Challenge I was going to get a uk bike then take it back to France, rang a few dealers and asked questions about the bike and servicing etc, the dealer in Northampton told me that the Full service was only £170 odd pounds, surely the first service will be cheaper?
Maybe worth ringing a couple of dealers to compare prices

The first service on my French registered bike cost 75 Euros at BMW in Barcelona. This was back in the summer of '07 though at 1000kms.

I got mine serviced at Bahnstormers in hampshire, IIRC it cost me £120.

They did pick up on work that needed doing though, like re-building the forks (bushes worn), new front wheel bearings and a few other bits.

I don't think i was fleeced on that service :D.

Back
Top Bottom