Headphones: Sony from Asda £12 (wired)

Deleted Account 180923001

Reaction score
Didn't want to spend £50 on earbuds to find they're no good so for £12 I thought I'd try Sony's MDR-EX33LP.

For me: they are brilliant. Fit inside the ear, very comfortable, excellent audio quality. Even for relatively high speed riding (70mph). Come with 3 different size earbuds. OK, so they're wired up to the Zumo but I'm fine with that. Running without audio, they 'appear' to give the same noise protection I get from foam earplugs.

Gordo'

Google is your friend

555390.jpg

...another good alternative are Sennihiser CX300 and probable with better sound quality....

...another good alternative are Sennihiser CX300 and probable with better sound quality....

when I saw Sennheiser I thought 'yeah but what about the cost'.....but yeah...they seem ok and at the same price if you shop around. Good catch.

gordo'

...you can pick these up from Amazon for around £17 pds, the last time I checked.....

they 'appear' to give the same noise protection I get from foam earplugs.

They will as the sound from the speakers will mask the ambient noise in the helmet so what appears to be as good protection as the foam ones is likely to be nothing of the sort(unless the foam ones were a piss poor fit.

That you have something in your ear will offer some minor attenuation but see these as earphones and not ear protection and you'll be on the money :thumb2

I spent a little bit more, about £14, on mylar speakers from Maplin including the cables and plugs and made up a set that are permanently installed behind the lining of Arai. These work fine in conjunction with Max Lite ear plugs up to silly speeds with my SP 2720. Added bonus is that they don't get pulled out of position each time I put the helmet on and are suitably recessed (depends on the lid and size of yer lug 'oles) to not touch my ears and cause discomfort.

CX300 even cheaper on Ebay

Spotted the thread by chance... found the CX300 on ebay from a seller called

jack_watts1971

Item number 220409467028 - but auction ends tonight at 11.30pm. I am sure he can supply more.. 8.99 GBP with Free Post....

Bargain.

I use the CX300's but have two little prob's with em.
The cable is like a rubber coating so grips everything (neck, collar of jacket) and gets pulled failry easily.
Other prob is the length of the "arm" where the cable comes off the bottom. It's farily short so they pop out of place in your ear after a few lifesavers. These sony ones look even shorter so I wonder how well they'll stay in place.

The sound quality in great on the Seinhelsers though.

I find the headphones that come with a Sony Ericsson HPN-70 Ebay Linky are great. Sound quality is nearly same as the Seinhelsers but they stay in the ears much better. Cable is short with these which allows you to use em with a coiled flexible extension (Starcom1 do one designed to fit this with a mic for use with the Zumo)

Back
Top Bottom