Hello, not a newbie but a returnee.

Andy80F

Reaction score
Hi, I first joined in 2002 and my Dakar and I were enthusiastic Tossers but I crashed it and in its place got a great condition 1150 adv. But we never really bonded, didn't use it every day or grin every time i opened the garage and saw it. But the big old lump was laying unloved, taken out only sparingly and I've decided I really need to put more effort into the relationship. So this morning my-self and a mate (who's handy with mechanical things) are going to give the beast a good going over, a new battery to start with and a bit of a spring clean/check. So I've paid my subscription and will be visiting the site every day and getting back to being a proper tosser again.

Andy80F
:eek:onyack

how the feck can u just leave a bike in the garage untouched,unriddenand unloved ?

are you some sort of fair weather biker ? or is it something else ?
you only use the bike at weekends if its nice n sunny ?

i'm really confused

how the feck can u just leave a bike in the garage untouched,unriddenand unloved ?
are you some sort of fair weather biker ? or is it something else ?
you only use the bike at weekends if its nice n sunny ?
i'm really confused

That's actually how I felt as well. Yet despite preferring riding a bike over driving a car I was using my wife's car rather than going to the garage, nothing weather related but the big beast that an 1150 adv is quite a serious lump of a machine whereas the Dakar 650 was a much more "friendly" sort of bike which just seemed easier to use for those local and spontaneous rides and got riden every day in all but the really dangerous weathers. I don't quite know why matters got so bad between me and this current bike but its now all dusted down and, after a decent plume of smoke blew its way out of the exhaust, the engine sounds sweet. I'll still not use it for gong to work, a pedal bike will do for that but the car can now be the junior transport provider and I can call myself a biker once again.

Bet your confusion is age related anyway. :augie

Back
Top Bottom